New rear tire

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Needed a rear tire quick, didnt really budget it for this week but the other one was looking..well....dangerous. Better safe than sorry. Went to the stealership and found a Maxxix supermaxx, 200 size. Had it marked $193, got out the door $155 mounted. Not great but OK and I wasnt missing riding time waiting for the tire.

The tire looks awsome on the bike. It did seem VERY slippery till I got it worn in (around 100 miles) and was getting kind of crabby with it thinking I just wasted my money.

I dont think I wasted my money though. Now this thing sticks like glue and I'm way more confident with it than the stock tire. I've got about 400 hard miles on it now and its not showing any signs of wear. So far, so good, Ill keep you posted.

That tire is on the low end of the spectrum here as far as price goes, but its a quality tire from what I've seen and quite a few of friends run them with no problems.

Yeah, the price was helpfull, and I've heard good things also, thats why I gave it a shot.

Yea I finally saw the wear kmarkers on my back tire and decided to get a new. Got front and rear for $199 installed. front they are holding for me until I need it. I got the dunlop series, so far so good and i have heard great things about them

You got 209's for $199 front & rear?
rock.gif
No frickin way!

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119977815 -->

I'm personally very satisfied with the Metzeler Sportec M1's. Great tire and sticks like glue. Not very noticeable, but the 200mm rear looks simply awesome. I think I paid something like $250 for both front and rear which included shipping from Parts411.com.

You got 209's for $199 front & rear?
rock.gif
No frickin way!
No he read right FRONT AND REAR INSTALLED FOR $199 look them up it is Honda of Jacksonville call them and get in on an awesome deal. They have my front tire sitting there for me already paid for next time since i am nowhere near the end of my brigestone front

Does anyone know of anyone that can give a M1 to Pilot Power comparison? I really want to try the M1's but am in love with the Powers right now.

Update on the Maxxis. 1200 miles of abuse. Still no obvious wear. I am WAY more confident on this tire in the twisties than I was on the stock one. I have heard that the 180's are better than the 190's for the twisties, but I love the feel and the look of the 200. The profile must be different or something. So far, I would recomend it for anyone on a budget. I wouldnt be afraid to buy another.

<!--EDIT|GSXTacy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121259973 -->

Yeah, I was curious on if moving to a 200 would effect handling or clearance on the Busa. I'm on the stock tires right now, which have plenty of life. I'm going to get the Pilot Powers since I've never heard one bad thing about them.

I just loaded them on to Elenor yesterday... along with my alluminium wheels!! The bike looks cool... will give you a ride report tomorrow... once I take here out
biggrin.gif

So which tire grips the best, the Pirelli Diablos or Michelin Pilot Powers? How do the Pilot Sports compare to Pilot Powers? Does anyone know?

Back