need new tire..

birdaprey

Registered
well just got a nail in the rear tire!!!

not to upset really....  I got around 5,500 miles out of the rear stock tire. (BT56)        what is the average ?

also should I replace the front now? ( 5,500 miles on it to.)

should I go back with the BT56?

have been looking at the new BT014 or the sportec M-1 (metzeler)       which ever one I pick,  should I go with a 190 or 200 on the rear?

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085700830 -->

5500 outta the stock Brideslips ? Dayum dude, you must be really easy on the throttle or lite as hell or both !

I have taken a liking to the Pirelli Diablo, am running Metzler at the moment but it isn't as sticky as the Pirelli in the twisties and won't be lasting as long either at the rate it is wearing.

just read up on the Pilot Sports ( michelin)
what do you all think of these?

help me out now cause I want to hurry up and get back on the road!!
wink.gif

There's something to be said for consistency.. if you don't have any reason to change from the BT56's other than you'd like to try something else, I'd say stick with them... that's what I did. I know how they behave, cold and warm, so I got another set... but that's just me.

I changed mine out to a new set of Metzler M1's, gotta say I love them. Got the advice of many here and the cost for them is slightly less than the HPX's, which some say are the best since they are "designed" for the busa. The M1's are a little different than the stock and the 208 I had on the rear, but I do feel that I can ride these harder and they warm up very quickly and evenly. I cant tell ya how far they will go cuz I only have a few hundred miles on my new set

just my .02 worth of course

I just ordered a new BT56 for my '04. I'm sticking with them til it's time for a new front, then I'll change as a set.

Parts411.com price+shipping was $135.00 (ish). Tire should be here today.....5 days by FedEx ground if you don't mind the wait. I'm sure they could next day it, but I don't know the $$.

BTW, I have 6100 miles on mine and just about into the wear indicators. I communte a lot on it, so 80% is highway miles.

Jay

Back