busa has appetite for rear tire

monti

Registered
Well there is no doubt that the busa has an appetite for the rear tire. I bought the bike with 800 miles this summer and the tire looked brand new. I now have 1800 miles and I'm due for a rear tire. I'm not to surprised as the busa has so much torque and power that I do exerience the occasional spinning of the tire I just didn't think it would happen this quickly. I don't do track days just the usual riding on the weekend in the hill country. Any suggestions on a good durable tire.

thanks

Depends on your riding habits....
1. Michelin Pilot Powers
2. Diablo
3. Avon (Sport touring, easy 5k on a set of tires)
4. Shinko (DR tire)

My experiences with Tires
BT-56= 2200 miles
Dunlop 208 = 1800 miles ( Worst )
Michelin Pilot HPX= 3500 miles
Michelin Pilot Powers = 4200 ( Best )
No Burn outs.
Just twist and go riding, but I do like to twist it to the stops sometimes.
This year on my Busa with just shy of 15000 miles
I am getting ready for my 5th out back and 3rd up front.

I agree. I am switchin to Pilot Powers.

When she wants to eat, it is best to let'er. But the dunlop dayum sure can't hang.

Hey, another tire thread!  

lurk.gif

All we need now is another oil thread and we're all set for the winter!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Been running BT56s and getting an average of 4000 miles on the rear tire... love the twisties and to run her on the interstates. Have about 11.5K on her at this time. (1st rear changed at approx 4300, 2nd both 8200, and then rear again at 10.8, but was heading to Copper Mtn and wanted fresh rubber)

oem tire 13000 km
smile.gif

I do wheelies, hard accel, two up etc
a good rider can ride hard without killing the tires
unless you are drag racing

<!--EDIT|1127 TO 1299
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132681835 -->

I put new tires on mine at 1400 miles and was surprised at how much the back tire was worn. The new Pilot Powers have about 2000 miles so far and are not showing any wear at all. And I'm not riding any different now. I have noticed that it won't break loose as easy as before. It tends to want to pull up more. I think it sticks much better than the EOM tires. IMHO. Where do you ride in the Hill Country? I like the loop between Utopia, Concan, Leaky and Vanderpool .And best of all Hw 337 between Leaky and Vanderpool. I love to ride up there.

David

David,

I've been to a lot of the areas you mention. It sure is fun out there but I've seen a lot of leos lately so you have to be careful. Let me know when you're coming this way so we can go riding. I'm also interested in going to your area to that 3 mile strip you mentioned. I'd like to top the busa out, haven't yet.

And thanks for the tire info. guys It looks like I'm ordering a new Pilot for the rear.

yeah, pilot powers have lasted way more than others and I've tried 208s, M1's and the BTs. way more comfy on the powers and have had great luck with milage... I do ride it a fair amount as a "commuter" but they are spirited commuting miles
laugh.gif

thats whats going back on my bike for sure... probably ask for a set for xmas just so I have them for spring
cool.gif

David,

I've been to a lot of the areas you mention.  It sure is fun out there but I've seen a lot of leos lately so you have to be careful.  Let me know when you're coming this way so we can go riding.  I'm also interested in going to your area to that 3 mile strip you mentioned.  I'd like to top the busa out, haven't yet.

And thanks for the tire info. guys It looks like I'm ordering a new Pilot for the rear.
make sure you match the front and rear the pilot powers are shaped alot dif than the stocker, it will ride real funny mismatched. been there

Hey, another tire thread!  

lurk.gif

All we need now is another oil thread and we're all set for the winter!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

jump9.gif

Seriously a tire is a tire, its more about how you ride it that determines its tread life.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132697848 -->

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

I noticed on Pashnit's site he had a Bridgestone BT020 on the rear and BT010 on the front at one point. I was contemplating this with something stickier on the front. My buddy with an 05 FJR1300 has 8000 miles on his BT020's and they look great. I have never got that kind of mileage out of a rear tire in my life! Might not stick very well but I might be willing to trade a bit of traction for double the tire life.

Back