Need my first rear tire soon...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Need my first rear tire...probably get 500-800 more miles out of the one I have now.

Does anybody know of any good tire deals going on?

Links, internet, etc.

how many miles did u have on your tires when you realized you needed new ones?

(justtight @ Jan. 10 2007,19:50) how many miles did u have on your tires when you realized you needed new ones?
I'm just shy of 4000 on the OE Bridgestone...somehow another guy I ride with got almost 7,000 miles (cords just starting to show)!!!

The middle is worn down the most (typical) and I like to lean it over. But please remember FL roads for the most part are straight and flat. You have to ride into the rural areas to find any twisties and there still aren't that many twisty roads.

I find myself doing slaloms just trying to wear the sides of the tire down more before replacing it (waste of rubber).

(heavybusa @ Jan. 10 2007,20:13) Although I do remember a buy one get one free deal a while back.
I believe that was the Avon deal that expired in October.

cycle Gear had a smokin' deal on Pirelli Diablo Corsas back in November but sold out right quick.

Get another B56 for the rear...by the time that one is done, you'll be ready to switch to a stickier tire....

Check the board sponsors...

(Over_Easy @ Jan. 10 2007,20:19)
(justtight @ Jan. 10 2007,19:50) how many miles did u have on your tires when you realized you needed new ones?
I'm just shy of 4000 on the OE Bridgestone...somehow another guy I ride with got almost 7,000 miles (cords just starting to show)!!!

The middle is worn down the most (typical) and I like to lean it over.  But please remember FL roads for the most part are straight and flat.  You have to ride into the rural areas to find any twisties and there still aren't that many twisty roads.

I find myself doing slaloms just trying to wear the sides of the tire down more before replacing it (waste of rubber).
jump9.gif

I do the same thing

I just went with pilot powers from the local stealership. I figure they still got to mount the darn thing so...

Went about 1000 miles and got a nail in the rear.

Went about 2500 miles and just got another nail (this was last week)  
redcomprs2.gif

Other than that, I like the pilot powers. Nice smooth ride and sticky as hell.

(Justyntym @ Jan. 10 2007,21:26)
(Over_Easy @ Jan. 10 2007,20:19)

The middle is worn down the most (typical) and I like to lean it over. But please remember FL roads for the most part are straight and flat. You have to ride into the rural areas to find any twisties and there still aren't that many twisty roads.

jump9.gif

I do the same thing

I just went with pilot powers from the local stealership. I figure they still got to mount the darn thing so...

Went about 1000 miles and got a nail in the rear.

Went about 2500 miles and just got another nail (this was last week)
redcomprs2.gif

Other than that, I like the pilot powers. Nice smooth ride and sticky as hell.
That's the trade-off equation...pay low prices on line plus dealer install vs. buy higher from dealer with better deal on install.

We have a local dealer that has had excellent prices on almost all brands of tires installed. It was $250 a set but I believe it went up for the bigger tires 190, 200 rear to like $270 or $280 a set installed.
I'd call around and maybe you can find a good deal locally.

(mjn @ Jan. 10 2007,23:40) Get another B56 for the rear...by the time that one is done, you'll be ready to switch to a stickier tire....

Check the board sponsors...
That's what I did. Now, with 10,000 miles on my '06 I'm looking for a new set. Was thinking 'bout Avon Azaro-ST. Something that will give me more mileage as most of my riding is touring.

Back