Matching front and rear tires...

Looks like the overwhelming consensus is that there won't be a diff. unless your doing track day type riding.

(Over_Easy @ Jan. 10 2007,19:45) For starters, I've heard, via opinion only, that it is not a good idea to run two different makes of tires on the front and rear.  I'm now in the need of my first rear tire (front is still good as with most bikes - 2 fronts for every rear) and believe a diff. rear from the OE Bridgestone front tire should not cause any problems.

Here's why:
Each tire runs independently; brakes, suspension, free rolling vs. power.  I'm not talking about matching a supersport tire with a touring tire.  both would be Z rated tires.  Why should there be any problems?

I've talked with those that have done this and was told they can't notice any difference.  Does anyone have a diff. take on this?
First..."2front for every rear" what are you stoppie junkie or what? and as far as I know thread pattern is not really matters...
wink.gif

I just finished off my oe bt56r. Got 5500 out of it. Decided to go with a Bridgestone bt020 rear as a replacement. I'm planning to post my experiences with it after a couple thousand miles.

Back