Tire Combo Question

skotty

Registered
Ok, I know the tire topic is
deadhorse.gif
but this question has a bit of a twist. My rear tire has started showing thread. And from most tire topics I have read, people use 2 rear tires for every 1 front tire. So I decided I'd only get a rear tire for now. I currently have Pilot Powers both on the back and front(both have about 6000 miles on them).

My question is;

Can I use a 2CT tire for the rear and match it with the old Pilot Power on the front? I really want to go with the 190/55-17 2CT, but dont know if it will match with the front(120/60-17) Pilot Power. Will appreciate any input
bowdown.gif

lurk.gif

interested as well. Not thread jacking, but might want to run a PP 2ct with my front Dunlop Qualifier.

Most use with a 2Ct up Front and a Pilot Power on the Rear though.
The Double compound is better up front.

Just my opinion....

You DO not want the sticker tire on the rear. Under heavy throttle, the front could wash out with you. Keep in mind this will be under heavy load leaving a corner. In everyday street riding, you may be alright.

For the avg to above avg rider no problem, if you however really work the front and rear you may notice a diff. just my opinion. I have had both and currently run the CT's and I run a 55 instead of a 50 but last year sport rider did a comparo and laps times from proriders were actually a lil slower with the CT's
dunno.gif
Go figure
rock.gif
?

softer up front is always a good choice.

it's not so much a bad idea to mix models as it is mixing brands.
makers choose different carcass designs that "could" cause an uneasy feeling at times.
keep the brands the same as well as shapes. some models come more of a _V_ shape while others are more like a _U_
beerchug.gif

Most use with a 2Ct up Front and a Pilot Power on the Rear though.
The Double compound is better up front.
Same here..... I replaced my PP with a 2CT on the front. I scuffed it in with my PP rear and was very happy with it. I'll buy a 2CT for the rear when the time comes.

Back