busa has appetite for rear tire

Continental Force MAX...  on my second set, last and stick, and...  less $$ than most others
+1
or
conti-force
BT020
Avon 45 st
Pilot Roads

A tire is NOT a tire. Some are a lot softer than others. Riding style does make a difference rider to rider as far as mileage out of a certain tire. I mean really.

How much different will the busa run with two different types of tires? The front tire is perfectly fine and has quite some life still left to it. I'd hate to spend the extra $ for a front tire and to be honest with you guys with the holidays approaching my budget is looking pretty tight if you know what I mean. Should I then buy another bridgestone?

thanks

I run Dunlop D208's, they aren't great for mileage on the rear and my front ends up cupping fairly fast but I like the way they handle so I am willing to make that trade.

How much different will the busa run with two different types of tires?  The front tire is perfectly fine and has quite some life still left to it.  I'd hate to spend the extra $ for a front tire and to be honest with you guys with the holidays approaching my budget is looking pretty tight if you know what I mean. Should I then buy another bridgestone?

thanks
I know and have seen lots of bikes with 2 different brands of tires on them and they all ride well.

oem tire 13000  km
smile.gif

I do wheelies, hard accel, two up etc
a good rider can ride hard without killing the tires
unless you are drag racing
and how you do it? I`m ready to learn something new..

I am at 15K miles and ready for my 4th rear tire. The first was the stock, second was a Dunlop 208, third was the Michelin Pilot power. I actually have right at 5k on the Pilot Power and I know I have ridden harder on that tire then the others. I am very pleased with it.

Stock front went 10,200 miles. Don't actually use it much
laugh.gif

Rear:
Stock BT 56 - 4,600 miles
BT 020 - 5,600 miles - From what i understand, there is a busa specific version.
Avon 45 - 500 miles - too soon to tell yet.

I think the road surface has alot to do with tire life, maybe more than rider habits. I try to avoid the roads that they tar and chip as apposed to actually rolling asphalt.

How much different will the busa run with two different types of tires? The front tire is perfectly fine and has quite some life still left to it. I'd hate to spend the extra $ for a front tire and to be honest with you guys with the holidays approaching my budget is looking pretty tight if you know what I mean. Should I then buy another bridgestone?

thanks
I know and have seen lots of bikes with 2 different brands of tires on them and they all ride well.
totally disagree. each tire has its own triangleation(shape) when i put a new power on the rear i had a battleaxe still on the front. i noticed that i had to really dip the front to keep up with the rear. \\\just my opinion.
now riding same tire , but with dif compound
(shoft, medium,hard) is a diferent story. i liked a softer front with a medium rear.

<!--EDIT|05BUSABLU
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132710937 -->

How much different will the busa run with two different types of tires?  The front tire is perfectly fine and has quite some life still left to it.  I'd hate to spend the extra $ for a front tire and to be honest with you guys with the holidays approaching my budget is looking pretty tight if you know what I mean. Should I then buy another bridgestone?

thanks
totally disagree. each tire has its own triangleation(shape) when i put a new power on the rear i had a battleaxe still on the front. i noticed that i had to really dip the front to keep up with the rear. \\\just my opinion.
now riding same tire , but with dif compound
(shoft, medium,hard) is a diferent story. i liked a softer front with a medium rear.
+1.  If you have your tires done at a reputable shop, they will not mount different brands front/rear.  You can mix some different models from the same manufacturer, such as a BT56 on the front and BT020 on the rear.

<!--EDIT|DennisH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132711244 -->

I've ridden different tires (front and back) for years with no problem . I try to keep them the same but the front always lasts at least twice as long as the rear. I do keep them the same speed rating and radials of course.

thanks
It isn't wise to mix radial and bias tires. As long as they are BOTH radial or bias it is OK.

I don't mix brands period.  Been there...didn't like it.  Guess it depends on how you ride.

My Batlax front is fine too @ 3900 miles...just put on another B56.  When it wears out...gonna probably go with powers...front and rear.

Street n track has a killer deal on B56's...just get one. be happy.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|mjn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132716432 -->

I must be a freak, I got 7000 mi on the stock rear then put a 208 on since it was all I could find at all the shops here. I have almost 3000 miles on it with a little wear showing. Still have the oem front and I have not noticed a great difference in handling with mixed brands. I'm not into burnouts but do ride pretty hard at times.

What is the best price on the pilot powers... I have found 158. so far... Anywhere less?

As mentioned tire wear is relative to riding style and the type of roads you ride. There seems to be no magic combo of tires. Like all riders we are looking for a tire that will stick like a slick and get 5000 miles. When that tire comes out I will be 1st in line.

I have used countless tires on my Busa over the years. From stockers all the way to Pilot Race M2's. Milleage has varried all across the board, from 770 to 3500 out of the rear.

The people that have ridden with me here will agree I am brutal on rear tires. Maybe if I would not get on the throttle so quick in the corner the rear might last a little longer.

The most important question you can ask yourself is "what kind of riding am I going to be doing?".

Once you have that answered, you can pick a tire.

Out of all the street tires on the market, I still have to say the Pilot Power is the best all around tire I have used. It comes up to temp very fast and I actuall got decent milleage(for me) out of the rear right under 1700.

The Powers provide grip very close to a race tire and still maintain street manners, ie warm up time and wet road grip.

Back