New Q2's

teryx

Registered
Went to chapparell for a pair of power pures, they didnt have any, but after taking the wheels off I was going to get the OEM rubber replaced, went with Q2's. Just got back from a putt to Big Bear, stopped a couple of times to check them out, warm and sticky to the touch:thumbsup: Didnt really push them but felt very planted. Still have a 1" of chicken strips on the left and about 1.5" on the right. Should clean them off next time out.

I dont think its better than pilot pures in the rain.Those who have used can comment on this???

They stick exceptionally good on wet pavement. My only issue with them is when they get down to half tread wear, they dont shed the road water as well as a good touring tire.

They stick exceptionally good on wet pavement. My only issue with them is when they get down to half tread wear, they dont shed the road water as well as a good touring tire.

I totally understand what you meant.Same goes to many brands of tyres too.:whistle:
Any reviews on the pilot pures than on this comparison???

I totally understand what you meant.Same goes to many brands of tyres too.:whistle:
Any reviews on the pilot pures than on this comparison???

You are right about that. It's why i need another set of wheels. :thumbsup:

You are right about that. It's why i need another set of wheels. :thumbsup:

Well we are spoilt for choices for now.I am using metzeler racetec K3 the street series good enough for track and doesnt need to stop for the tyres to cool down.I am looking at the pilot pures,since its lighter and better grip during rainy weather

tires..ugh...so many choices. You could burn out your brain trying to decide.

I have run the normal pilot power. I did some rain riding on it. I always go mode C in the rain anyways. I got lots of mileage on the tire. Had no problems in the rain. I will be going with another set.

Wow seriously that bad.Thats not what the michelin home page says about it though.

It spun up on me at light throttle three different times and I was being easy! I have had bt002s in same conditions and did better. I have 3.5k on them now and will need to replace them soon. Got a set of q2s ready. May not last as long with my style of riding but they feel better when pushed. The pures get squirmy at higher speeds and feel odd to me. The pures arent bad but I will not buy another set.

Last edited:
I love the pures, I have gone thru 3 sets, they dont last long but they stick very well and you can feel the differances in them compared to the 2ct, very stable at high speeds only had them in the rain once or twice i cant remember them being any worse or better than other tires I have had

Pilot pures suck in the rain too! Hate them! Worse tire for me so far in the rain!

Avon Storms is excellent in the rain.:bowdown: I love them.

I have over 60K miles of experience with them and I'm not gonna switch brands any time soon. If you ride in the rain a lot, I highly recommend them.

Last edited:
It spun up on me at light throttle three different times and I was being easy! I have had bt002s in same conditions and did better. I have 3.5k on them now and will need to replace them soon. Got a set of q2s ready. May not last as long with my style of riding but they feel better when pushed. The pures get squirmy at higher speeds and feel odd to me. The pures arent bad but I will not buy another set.

I agree ....the pures are great on my wifes GSXR750 but feel weird on the Busa. I went up to 40psi and that helped a bunch but will be going back to the 016 when these are done. I think they are just too thin for the big girl. Would this explain why they like the higher pressure on the busa but feel great at 32psi on the 750?

Back