Scala q2 or q4's?

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
I I have a few ?'s about the Scala units.... Q2 and Q4!

I know the Q2's have less range. The Q4's have a mile of range. I was looking for feed back from users with both types and opinions. I do have a Autocom set up too. Will that work with the Scala units too? I am looking at K.I.S.S. for me and my girl type of communication devices right now. I love my auto com. But I am bouncing between bikes. So using the same helmet makes it easy!

So whats it the difference between the Q2 and Q4?
I know the range.... What else?

Is it worth the money the price between the 2?

Will it play with other units for communication?

How is battery life?

Any other ?'s I missed?

Again I am looking at something simple but reliable with some options of music and phone feature. The Scala got my attention. A few friends of mine have been using them, but only a few weeks.

I can pick up a set of Q2's for $170, and the Q3's for $300.

Thanks guys!

I have the Q2s and they have been great. Range has been my only issue. The headsets last for around 8 hours of pretty continuous talking back and forth. I have the receiver that lets me plug my mp3 player (iphone) directly into the headset so I play tunes via the wired connection and talk on phone via bluetooth.

If you are trying to talk to more than one other person the Scala is a pain. It only lets you talk to one other person at a time and you have to press a button to flip over to the other person, like call-waiting. Not convenient. The autocom has that nice group chat thing going on.

I do like that everything is wireless on the scala. When I get off the bike nothign to disconnect.

The bluetooth phone capability is the best. The microphone is very good and people don't realize I'm on a bike till I approach triple-digit speeds then they hear wind-noise.

Oh, I also like that I can voice-control my iphone with the Scala. The voice controls are limited due to the phone but it's nice to say "next track" to change songs.

I do have an I4 so that should make the phone thing easier. Thanks for the input. I dont ride in big groups (2 or 3), manly by myself..... and the girl friend on occasions. I was looking at it mainly for us and the other 2 scala riders. I think she could benefit from us communicating while riding!

Back