Q2 prices ?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I just recieved a notice from Cycle Gear to preorder the New Dunlop Q2's. Their price is $333 for a front/rear combo for my busa. By the time I pay 8.9% WA. State sales tax and $16 shipping the cost will be arould $380 to my door. Anyone find any better prices?

I can buy Bridgestone BTO16's from my track tire vendor for $250 per set. Although I think the Q2's may be the best new tire on the market, I think I'll stay with my 16's (Which do a wonderful job by the way) until the Q's become a bit more price competitive.

Hey Steve ,I just got the 16's TMD for 244$ with a 5$ coupon,they are on sale at motorcycle superstore.Ordering sets for both bikes based on just trying the rear with the stock 15 up front on the 08. The 15's suprised me(not bad), but aftering changing out the rear(16) I was doubly impressed.
I installed a 55 rear for the LSR(loring) for the gearing.Also for turn-in and posture in the twisties.So I did the trip to maine(month ago),this weekend to WVA, and have approx 4000 miles on them with 500 left! WVA trip really rounded it back to true.:thumbsup:
Can not wait to try on the turbo bike. It was eating the front pirelli alive,bad cupping.I believe the tread pattern on the 16 will make a sig. diff. The wear is due, in part to the bikes set up, but I believe the 16 will double the mileage in wear.:beerchug:
I know you were always an advocate of the qualifiers,then the 16. I loved the qualifers for grip ,not so much mileage,cost and rider feedback/feel,a little numb.I feel the 16's will do everything well and that is based on a rear tire change only.
Always was a pirelli fan,great feedback,grip,decent mileage but I just changed brands.:beerchug:

Oh, let me add that I bet the q2's will rock! probably be the best tire out there,just pricey.The grip from the qualifiers was remarkable so I anticipate good things.:thumbsup:
For the money though,hope mileage is also improved.As a street tire rider, its hard to go wrong these days!:cheerleader:

They better come off that price if this will totally replace the Qualifier....or it will be time for me to change tire brands.:rulez:

I just recieved a notice from Cycle Gear to preorder the New Dunlop Q2's. Their price is $333 for a front/rear combo for my busa. By the time I pay 8.9% WA. State sales tax and $16 shipping the cost will be arould $380 to my door. Anyone find any better prices?

I can buy Bridgestone BTO16's from my track tire vendor for $250 per set. Although I think the Q2's may be the best new tire on the market, I think I'll stay with my 16's (Which do a wonderful job by the way) until the Q's become a bit more price competitive.

Tuf,

I posted a couple links to vendors that are accepting order in this previous thread. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/116626-sponsors-dunlop-q2-available-preorder.html
Call them and see whats, what. At the very least it will save you paying tax.

I would definitely try some board sponsors as well. Many of them do not list tires, but have the ability to get them very easily.
But you already know this. Just trying to help.
I feel VERY strongly about the potential of this tire. To the point I could care less if I saved $100 on another brand that is currently available. It's going to be a hot tire this year!

I certainly agree, this new Q2 is probably going to be the hottest street tire on the market. I'm sure they will sell very well and I hope they do. The Q's are no more pricey than the PP 2ct's when they were the hot selling tire.

I only ride my street tires on the street, changing to track tires on track day so I don't have to have race tire grip on the street although it would be sweet. I have been impressed with the BTO16 and am quite happy with the price. Although the Q2 may and certainly will be a better tire, until the Q comes down in price I'll be just as happy with the 16's.

One other tire we may not want to overlook is the Bridgestone BT003. It is a complete overhaul of the 002 and it may be equally as good as the Q2? The only person I know who has tried the 003 is Bogus. I can buy the 003's for $260 a set and I may try a set on the streets? If the 003 lasts as long as the 16, it could be worth a shot?

Back