4 UR Viewing Pleasure...Q1 VS Q2 @ 1600miles

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Lemme forword by say'in that my riding style is approximately 90-95% "agressive commuting" and about 5-10% ripp'in it up with da boyz...neither tire experienced any on purpose smok'em ups but both have left some small darkies here and there on corner exits and both have seen the peg on the speedo (at least once or twice)...as follows...

My 1st Q1 (Original Qualifier) at 1600 miles...These are the dunlops i winced at "Having to Buy" and mount because michelin PP's were nowhere to be found at the time....and within the 1st mile of scuff'in'em in i was like...Whoa Baby!....These Tires Rock!....but i only got 3,200 out of the rear...

QUAL1600.jpg

Now here's my new "dual compound" Q2 which just turned a tad over 1600miles today...

displayimage.php

Both the Q1 & Q2 rock in every way but i can definantly tell that i'm gonna get at least a few more miles outta the Q2 and with no noticable loss of stick or performance...as a matter of fact?...if anything?....the Q2's seem like they may be a tad sticky'er on the sides than the Q1's were!...and with the harder compound in the center?...they seem to be holding their own against the infamouse "Florida Flat Spot In The Middle" deal...anyways....i'm tickled shidless with'em so far.... :thumbsup: for Dunlops new and improved (at least for floriduh*) Q2's! :bowdown:

*Note/Disclaimer: Because the Q2's are a noticably softer compound (can feel the dif between center/sides with yer fingernail kinda soft...and feels like freaking pencil eraser)....I can NOT attest to the fact that you mountain men up there by dragonland & the cherryhole won't shred the ultra soft and sticky sides off these motoGP like puppies but they're workin out GREAT for this 51 year old scooter ****! :rofl: :whistle:

Hope ya'll found the above informative if not interesting and?..L8R, Bill. :cool:

Thanks I am looking for some tires I gan get some more milage out of. Changing the tires with the oil can get spendy. I have been priceing the Avon Storms ,I will look into those as well.:beerchug:

I am now at 5471 on my 08. My stock tire lasted about 1400, the take off I got from Bogus lasted me about 1000 which means that this tire (Pilot Power) has 3071 and I babied it. I think I need to ride less aggressively. :whistle:

DSCN0187.jpg

DSCN0188.jpg

DSCN0189.jpg

I am now at 5471 on my 08. My stock tire lasted about 1400, the take off I got from Bogus lasted me about 1000 which means that this tire (Pilot Power) has 3071 and I babied it. I think I need to ride less aggressively. :whistle:

Well Suzukis are known for eating rear tires. Wow I am at just about the same on my odometer and I am looking to replace my stock tires. That being said I spend a lot of my time leading crusers around. If I get too aggressive I just have to wait longer.:whistle:

From the snow in the picture it would seem you have a month to change that tire. thanks for saying how long each tire lasted. Not sure if you rode the same but it helps with an idea for how well each does.

I've got about 1500 miles on the HPXs I just put on and they look like new.
I'm sure in other parts of the world they may look worse.
For SoFla I am just beginning to see the typical Florida flat center.

HPX.JPG

This latest tire lasted me through a few runs with BrendanP in MA, a day of riding at the fall bash and a few excursions around Missouri and Arkansas. I think the handling on the 08 puts me in a comfort level where I am pouring on the throttle more therefore wearing out my tire faster.

RacerV...dude...I think you got every penny's worth out of that tire...take it to track and sell it as a race slick:laugh:2hip

This latest tire lasted me through a few runs with BrendanP in MA, a day of riding at the fall bash and a few excursions around Missouri and Arkansas. I think the handling on the 08 puts me in a comfort level where I am pouring on the throttle more therefore wearing out my tire faster.

That's a good thing though! :thumbsup:

Lemme forword by say'in that my riding style is approximately 90-95% "agressive commuting" and about 5-10% ripp'in it up with da boyz...neither tire experienced any on purpose smok'em ups but both have left some small darkies here and there on corner exits and both have seen the peg on the speedo (at least once or twice)...as follows...

My 1st Q1 (Original Qualifier) at 1600 miles...These are the dunlops i winced at "Having to Buy" and mount because michelin PP's were nowhere to be found at the time....and within the 1st mile of scuff'in'em in i was like...Whoa Baby!....These Tires Rock!....but i only got 3,200 out of the rear...

Now here's my new "dual compound" Q2 which just turned a tad over 1600miles today...

Both the Q1 & Q2 rock in every way but i can definantly tell that i'm gonna get at least a few more miles outta the Q2 and with no noticable loss of stick or performance...as a matter of fact?...if anything?....the Q2's seem like they may be a tad sticky'er on the sides than the Q1's were!...and with the harder compound in the center?...they seem to be holding their own against the infamouse "Florida Flat Spot In The Middle" deal...anyways....i'm tickled shidless with'em so far.... :thumbsup: for Dunlops new and improved (at least for floriduh*) Q2's! :bowdown:

*Note/Disclaimer: Because the Q2's are a noticably softer compound (can feel the dif between center/sides with yer fingernail kinda soft...and feels like freaking pencil eraser)....I can NOT attest to the fact that you mountain men up there by dragonland & the cherryhole won't shred the ultra soft and sticky sides off these motoGP like puppies but they're workin out GREAT for this 51 year old scooter ****! :rofl: :whistle:

Hope ya'll found the above informative if not interesting and?..L8R, Bill. :cool:

YES! I've been anticipating your update on the Q2's Bill. Great to hear they're exceeding all your expectations :thumbsup:
Even though I haven't ridden on these tires...yet, I preferred only Dunlops on my previous bikes. So I've been a very vocal supporter of these once I read all of the professional reviews.
These will be on my ride just in time for the Spring Bash :cheerleader:

Wish I could share some pics of the set of Angels that I have on my 'Busa, but she is locked up at the shop waiting on some parts to make her all better!!:thumbsup:

"Originally Posted by racerV
This latest tire lasted me through a few runs with BrendanP in MA, a day of riding at the fall bash and a few excursions around Missouri and Arkansas. I think the handling on the 08 puts me in a comfort level where I am pouring on the throttle more therefore wearing out my tire faster."

don't blame it on the '08...cause...it ain't the bike...

That's a good thing though! :thumbsup:

YES! I've been anticipating your update on the Q2's Bill. Great to hear they're exceeding all your expectations :thumbsup:
Even though I haven't ridden on these tires...yet, I preferred only Dunlops on my previous bikes. So I've been a very vocal supporter of these once I read all of the professional reviews.
These will be on my ride just in time for the Spring Bash :cheerleader:

it's "The Tires"...and the Q2's got me feel'in more confident in the corners than any other tire Oren (my lowly Gen1) has don yet...they rock...and apparently?...i just may have found a sticky azz bun with a "wear factor" i can live with...both in miles and?...."fast curves". LOL! :thumbsup:

:bowdown: to Dunlop for developing the mighty Q2's that make my beloved Oren even that much more of a threat in the twisties.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Back