Q2's on sale anywhere currently?

Tiller

Registered
Just shopping for a new set and seems like the prices have gone up dramatically since the last time I bought a set. Have checked the normal places I usually shop at but wondering if anyone is aware of a place that has Q2's for decent prices right now???

Thanks

I think we're going to have to adjust how we define a "decent price" since they first came out. Actually, it seems like sport tire prices took a big dive over the winter of 2009-10, but have been up quite a bit since then. When will the Q3 be out? Surely we'll get some relief on Q2's when that happens.

To your point, no, I'm not aware of any good deals right now. Hopefully somebody else knows something. :laugh:

I'm with you Jay, I got about 1-2 sets left...for the price of a Q2, a set of GPA's isn't that much more (but the grip sure is...)

I'm with you Jay, I got about 1-2 sets left...for the price of a Q2, a set of GPA's isn't that much more (but the grip sure is...)

Then you gotta add the cost of warmers on top of that. Then I would still need a set of Q2's to ride the street. I would love to make the move to gpa's but it is also my street bike and I don't hit the track enough to justify the added cost yet.

Then you gotta add the cost of warmers on top of that. Then I would still need a set of Q2's to ride the street. I would love to make the move to gpa's but it is also my street bike and I don't hit the track enough to justify the added cost yet.

True..is ok; I hear your Father-in-law is loaded up with tires :)

That's not necessarily the case. It's not mandatory to run warmers with GPA tires. Just like your Qs it takes about three laps to get the heat up to rompin temp.

You can also run GPA's on the street without issue. I use both GP and GPA's on the street. Most of the time when I'm instructing I don't use warmers.

If Qs are going to cost $300 I will spend a few more bucks for GPAs.

It does if you tell him you are bringing his daughter back!

Think ahead son, THINK AHEAD! :whistle:

:rofl:

That's not necessarily the case. It's not mandatory to run warmers with GPA tires. Just like your Qs it takes about three laps to get the heat up to rompin temp.

You can also run GPA's on the street without issue. I use both GP and GPA's on the street. Most of the time when I'm instructing I don't use warmers.

If Qs are going to cost $300 I will spend a few more bucks for GPAs.

Well i wouldnt feel comfortable with running what's left of my gpa's on the street.. Just a mental thing.... And 3 laps for gpa's without warmers?? I aint got time for that :laugh:

On a nice warm day at the track with a set of Q2's, i'm full tilt boogie on the front straight at the end of lap 1... and since even without a sale they will be about $270 a set, i'll keep sticking with those for now.

And did I mention that my lap times on Q2's are faster than Keith's on GPA's :laugh: :moon:

I have a cure for that. :D

2012 September Gixxer 005.jpg

I got an e-mail from Bike Bandit this morning. They have a promo code for a little bit off. It's "Q2COMBO". And you get free shipping.

q2deal.jpg

I got an e-mail from Bike Bandit this morning. They have a promo code for a little bit off. It's "Q2COMBO". And you get free shipping.

This is just what I was looking for. And I had some bandit bucks to redeem to get the cost down to $245 :thumbsup:

Thanks, Daniel :beerchug:

Has anyone ever thought to check with Justin for tires? I know we do for everything else... :dunno:

Back