New garage mate for my Busa.

They look pretty good with the colors reversed too.
4D460580-EF0A-4A1B-8912-B5550995AF3C.jpeg

I've heard others say that too but I'd have to ride it to confirm that for myself. Some say the Gen2 ZX-14 handles better than the busa but I don't feel that way.
I have to ride it more. I think they are close but maybe the busa has an edge.

Congratulations Joe . Wish I could have a big adventure bike for touring, and set RJ up even lighter . However thinking the wee 900 tiger might see a few miles from me when wife let's me lol.
Enjoy buddy ;)
Thanks. RJ is very light already. I wouldn't mind taking some weight off of mine. Well at least some slip-ons.

Reactions: c10
Thanks. RJ is very light already. I wouldn't mind taking some weight off of mine. Well at least some slip-ons.
There's a bunch of stuff you can take off of a 14. I reduced my Gen1 by 80 lbs but that's with aftermarket battery, wheels, a full system and lots of smaller lightweight replacement parts. I'll bet you can drop 15 lbs by removing the fender, mirrors, heat blankets, PAIR, unnecessary covers and hardware. You might need to keep the PAIR on the Gen2 or you'll get a code.

Interesting choice. I tried to go with something very different for a second bike. But I suppose if busa type riding is what you like to do the ZX is a great choice. You should find RoadToad over on the ZX forum. His ZX is pretty trick. He said he has the same name over there too.

ZX is a great bike though. You'll need to let us know which one gets the most miles now!

Interesting choice. I tried to go with something very different for a second bike. But I suppose if busa type riding is what you like to do the ZX is a great choice. You should find RoadToad over on the ZX forum. His ZX is pretty trick. He said he has the same name over there too.

ZX is a great bike though. You'll need to let us know which one gets the most miles now!
Speaking of Road toad its sad he no longer says hello here

You should find RoadToad over on the ZX forum.
Speaking of Road toad its sad he no longer says hello here

I've been worried about the Toad. He was going through the issues of mom passing like we all will or have. I haven't heard from him since. It's been since last fall I believe. He was posting on ninjaforum right after the 14R purchase but nothing for almost as long as it's been here.

Does anyone know RoadToad? Is he ok?

I have bought 2 Kawasaki after buying my gen1 busa, they make good stuff and their engineering is top notch. there a company that wants to push their technology further to make their bikes better and faster. I like ideal that you can change the oil and oil filter without taking the plastic off.

I've been worried about the Toad. He was going through the issues of mom passing like we all will or have. I haven't heard from him since. It's been since last fall I believe. He was posting on ninjaforum right after the 14R purchase but nothing for almost as long as it's been here.

Does anyone know RoadToad? Is he ok?
Andrew is doing fine, speaking to him last night. Doing family things at the moment.

I have bought 2 Kawasaki after buying my gen1 busa, they make good stuff and their engineering is top notch. there a company that wants to push their technology further to make their bikes better and faster. I like ideal that you can change the oil and oil filter without taking the plastic off.

I've heard Kawasaki is much more financially able to develop their motorcycles than Suzuki. Comparing the ZX-14 to the busa, I think the busa has better fit and finish but Kawasaki has it where it counts--they have a reputation for powerful engines. My Gen 1 ZX-14's engine isn't as refined feeling as the busa engine but it has a gnarly, edgy feeling I enjoy just as much.

There's a bunch of stuff you can take off of a 14. I reduced my Gen1 by 80 lbs but that's with aftermarket battery, wheels, a full system and lots of smaller lightweight replacement parts. I'll bet you can drop 15 lbs by removing the fender, mirrors, heat blankets, PAIR, unnecessary covers and hardware. You might need to keep the PAIR on the Gen2 or you'll get a code.
I will probably just add some slip-ons to it. I ordered a center stand so adding weight there. I like the wheels and can't afford some light ones after this purchase. This bike cost a few hundred more than I got from selling my dodge caravan. Now we are down to the wife's jeep which I need to do a lot of work on like brake pads and such.

I will look him up. When I had my last ZX14 there was not much action on that forum so I did not join. I will have to check it out again...thx.

I've heard Kawasaki is much more financially able to develop their motorcycles than Suzuki. Comparing the ZX-14 to the busa, I think the busa has better fit and finish but Kawasaki has it where it counts--they have a reputation for powerful engines. My Gen 1 ZX-14's engine isn't as refined feeling as the busa engine but it has a gnarly, edgy feeling I enjoy just as much.
Suzuki is/were genius mechanical designers. The Hayabusa was the most sophisticated motorcycle on the road without electronics, gimmicks, etc. Mechanical things just work better but they can be frustrating to find that elusive sweet spot where they work perfectly. Electronics are often a shortcut, if less reliable means to the same end. For example, BMW uses a servo to move the cams in their VVT system and Suzuki figured out haw to do it completely mechanically. Brilliant and simple. We also saw this as Suzuki was one of the last top sportbike manufacturers for off up a full, modern electronics package for the Gixxers.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your point of view, electronics have gotten so good that they have moved into an area where mechanical solutions simply can't compete. Electronics can collect information and decide what to do based on that information, they can essentially think.

Now back to the point. Kawasaki Heavy Industries makes some of the most sophisticated machines on the planet (and off the planet in some cases). I think bringing the supercharger to the motorcycle mainstream was a natural for them as they lead the world in advanced turbine design. Poor Suzuki is stuck being the nija masters of N/A power (see what I did there?), which is simply a deadend approach with electric motors and ever tightening emissions regulations.

It's really quite sad. A 2015 Busa could have had a full electronics package and been competitive with the Gen 2 ZX-14, but poor Suzuki is just stuck in a mechanical mindset. All the parts are sitting on the Suzuki parts shelves. Maybe the brain drain on the Suzuki corporation was just too great following the tsunami that roared through Hamamatsu.

Back