New Busa garage mate...

08BusaKY

Registered
I traded in my Harley for this 18 ZX14r SE. Only rode it 32 miles home so have to ride it more to compare.
IMG_5130.JPG
IMG_5131.JPG

IMG_5128.JPG

Might as well get the competition....yikes, those cans are.........bigger than the bike......

Two of the baddest bikes available sitting right there...(minus the H2 I guess)

I picked up a 2013 14R about three months ago. I'm also on my fifth Busa...a turbo 05. I'm not a Kawi fan but this bike is sweet. Much smoother than any of my Busa's. The 1441cc motor is a torque monster. I put a Brocks set up on my boss's 2012 14 ...full ti CT dual set up...guhl flash...pc5 etc...I rode it quite a bit and really liked it. My stock 14 feels stronger than my 08 Busa did with full Ti-Force...PC.....filter ...etc (184 rwhp). I live in east TN near the Dragon and Skyway and love the curves...my lowered/stretched turbo Busa is not very good at that ...thats why the 14 purchase. The 14 has lighter steering than my 08 Busa but when pushing really hard the 08 was much more planted and stable. My boss gives me a hard time about buying a Kumansukme but I just tell him if I wanna go fast I'll go home and get my fast bike...he fails to see the humor.

I picked up a 2013 14R about three months ago. I'm also on my fifth Busa...a turbo 05. I'm not a Kawi fan but this bike is sweet. Much smoother than any of my Busa's. The 1441cc motor is a torque monster. I put a Brocks set up on my boss's 2012 14 ...full ti CT dual set up...guhl flash...pc5 etc...I rode it quite a bit and really liked it. My stock 14 feels stronger than my 08 Busa did with full Ti-Force...PC.....filter ...etc (184 rwhp). I live in east TN near the Dragon and Skyway and love the curves...my lowered/stretched turbo Busa is not very good at that ...thats why the 14 purchase. The 14 has lighter steering than my 08 Busa but when pushing really hard the 08 was much more planted and stable. My boss gives me a hard time about buying a Kumansukme but I just tell him if I wanna go fast I'll go home and get my fast bike...he fails to see the humor.

I am on my second Busa. I was thinking about trading my Harley for a Kawi Concours or a FJR1300 but I really like this ZX.

I am 6-1 and it is comfortable to ride. It also has traction control, and steel braided brake lines. I only have 100 miles on it so far and they say not to go over 4k RPMs until 500 miles. I can't wait to get it broken in.

I ordered some nice 1 inch risers and lower pegs. It will be better for the long rides when I am done. I also orders some tank pads. I have to get used to the shifting as it has a slipper clutch and does not seem as smooth as the Busa.

My Busa is not going anywhere though. Love it.

Nice stable you have sir. I rode one, but on a demo ride and in Florida, so not much of a riding experience. I’ve always heard they feel heavier/less “flickable” than the bus though

Thx...I have not rode it hard yet but it does not seem heavier to me. I have not had it in some good twisty's yet.

The 14 has lighter steering than my 08 Busa but when pushing really hard the 08 was much more planted and stable.

I've considered a 14 for a little while. Your comment about how it responds when pushed hard is interesting. I've read that before. Thanks for your input :)

I have not pushed it hard yet due to break in. I do notice that the fans come on a lot more and it throughs heat out on my right shin area. Other than that I like it so far.

Back