new ford GT-40

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
freakin guy in a new GTt-40 was cruising down port and we were admiring his ride, he comes around and ask me if the busa is mine and if i want to race for pinks. i laughed being the inexperienced rider that i am...mannnn had i been an experienced rider!

although... i heard this guy has 700hp twin trubos under the hood/trunk.

just curious, what would be needed to beat him? turbo, nos?

If he's only pushing 700hp, a stock busa with a pro rider most likley would have won. A well moded bike would have walked him. Better to bet money than pinks.

from what I have seen, with a 1397 kit and a rider that knows what he is doin, takes at least 1000 HP to beat the busa.

Just what I have seen.

Josh

anyone want a GT-40?!
laugh.gif

If it was poorly tuned like the one I saw on Father's Day at Cecil Dragway, you would have had yourself a free car.

Keep in mind how much a car weighs VS a Busa.. I don't care how many HPs the car has..

BF

yeah weight/hp ratio is no joke, that matched with the busa's torque and its hard to find much 4 wheeled competition.

Experienced rider... Thats all it would take! Assuming, your correct about the total HP of the car! Turbo's take a little time to spool and with a good launch its game over..

SPEC'S FOR A FACTORY PREPPED GT40

Best times I've seen posted even on the GTR were mostly 11 seconds... Cept for the GTR with GMC power, ran a 9.9

yo son you shoulda took that race! with a good launch you prolly woulda beat him on your bike as-is...if you see him again, set up a race like 2-3 weeks out, then go find yourself a good rider about the same size as you. Then go buy a triple clamp, dog bones, and a NOS cheater-bottle 8oz.
Lower the Busa, strap on the bottle under the hump, wire into the headlight switch and yer READY
super.gif

when you show up at the track have half your leathers/gear on...when he goes around to line up, duck into the bathroom, swap w/your "ringer" rider and let him go do tha work! then run back in the bathroom after the race, and walk back out like "yeaaaaaa, BOI!" Flava-Flav style
all_coholic.gif

(BigDiesel @ Aug. 06 2007,04:48) yo son you shoulda took that race!   with a good launch you prolly woulda beat him on your bike as-is...if you see him again, set up a race like 2-3 weeks out, then go find yourself a good rider about the same size as you. Then go buy a triple clamp, dog bones, and a NOS cheater-bottle 8oz.
Lower the Busa, strap on the bottle under the hump, wire into the headlight switch and yer READY
super.gif

when you show up at the track have half your leathers/gear on...when he goes around to line up, duck into the bathroom, swap w/your "ringer" rider and let him go do tha work! then run back in the bathroom after the race, and walk back out like "yeaaaaaa, BOI!" Flava-Flav style
all_coholic.gif
lol, that was some funny shid.

OK on a serious note. What is the sticker for one of those things? $500k? What the sticker on your bike? 20k? 15k? Let's look at it from the most basic of basics.

If your bike is worth 20k then you are getting 24 - 1 odds on your money.

If it's only worth 15k then you are getting 32.3 - 1 on your money.

You are probably at worst a 2 - 1 dog in the race, and according to most people you were either even money or at an advantage. Granted there is one problem... that's a huge bet to make. Some people see the risk, others see the rewards.

fellas, if i was an "experienced" rider [racer] mannn....

my bud was there with his MV Agusta and asked what did the guy aske me, when i told him as the guy pulled away my friend said sheed i'll do it on my bike. keep in mind my bud is a VERY experienced track racer.

i need to start practicing quicker launches...
biggrin.gif

Back