!*Race Me and the ZX*

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
Well my buddy called me up and we set out to meet at 1 am at the local burger joint. It was about 2 am when we began to plan these runs. We went to a country that I had picked out earlier, we just cruised down the street scoping out a good stretch to run. We found it. There was a car with us containing 3 friends and we had them park on the side of the road so they can watch and potentially warn us. Mind you these are the same people that viewed the last Duel we had. I may not be very specific about details because when I race, I focus on road more than anything, and barely the tachometer and thats it. Tunnel vision. But you'll get the idea. BTW It is only during the last race that I told them what I had done to the bike since the last race. 16/42 gearing.

Here is the DUEL we had before: http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=75731.0;all

Stats are as follows:

Zx10R=
Arata exhaust system
Power commander and map
K&N filter
Rider- 150lbs

Busa=
Airbox mod
TRE
16/42 Gearing
Rider- 204lbs

*All races I get the hit since I am at a weight disadvantage.

Race one: I chose to get the hit and wanted to run from 55mph. Anything lower I would be airborn. We both are in first gear. We I hit it and jump out, came up in a wheelie and came down on the limiter and layed in it causing him to pass me while I am in 3rd gear so I got out of it early to retry. That first race always gets me on the limiter.

Race two: Same speed as the first race. I jump out, shift correctly through gears, dude is still behind, somewhere in 4th he walks in front about 2 lengths then I shut it down. That was a close as race! Came back to the friends in the car and there were impressed how it was soooo close and how loud our bikes were.

Race three: We were heading to a gas station so that we could talk about the races. But while we where still on country road he got infron of me and started shifting down, I knew what time it was! I got in 2nd we were both ready and I jump out real good and I held him there, he said he nudge the limiter in 2nd but got in 3rd real good and I couln't be shook!

Well we got to the gas station and there we talked and one of the guys from the car asked what I had because another guy said it sounded like my bike was supercharged. They heard something winding. But had to rule out turbo because I still had stock pipes. Thought I had a badass air filter, but then a guy caught on that I had new sprockets, lol. Boy where they surprised how with just sprockets put me about even with him in the races. Because before it was freaking POINTLESS to race this boy it was rediculous lol. I gave up the ghost and told him I was getting ___ next week and was saving the race for that. But just like I told him, even with my weight and everything else, If I added the TIforce full race and tune, he wouldn't beat me and thats the truth!

He wanted to do it one more time but from 2nd gear at 60mph so you know what that means...

Race four: Pure straight away with 1 cross street but very visible seeing as its beside the gas station where it is there our friends watched. We hit it from 2nd gear and I jumped out held him there till 4th he got 3 bikes out, I decided stay in it instead of shutting it down and I began closing the gap to about 2 1/2 bikes when he shut it down. We stopped He said he was going to let out but saw my headlight right there so he stayed in it. I told him I was makeing up ground and comming up on him in top end.

So there you have it. Just the gearing did that much. Had I have got the exhaust he would not be out in front at all. But I will have 40 more horses to the wheel next time we run and he knows it. It was some very good races.

ok man, im gettin tired of sittin here and havin to read about all the fun. when can i come out and play
smile.gif

(psycobusa @ Sep. 06 2006,17:29) ok man, im gettin tired of sittin here and havin to read about all the fun. when can i come out and play  
smile.gif
lol do not feel bad. I never get out and play but that was some unfinished business that had to be requisited. This is still to be continued...

I definetly recomend you all take this to a track for the safety of everyone.

With that being said, glad to hear you are walking away with your head held high.

the gearing you are using  only helps from a dead stop.

16t = more torque for a better 60' time.

and you want a brock hindle pipe, not a ti force

just my 2 cents

(heavybusa @ Sep. 07 2006,17:36) I definetly recomend you all take this to a track for the safety of everyone.

With that being said, glad to hear you are walking away with your head held high.
i agree with this too

As far as safety we did these runs at after 2am with no traffic. Neither of us want to cause harm to others or ourselves. We have fast bikes and we need alot of room to do so, everthing is in consideration. Also as stated in the race that I shut down early in the third race because I saw lights in the far off in the distance on comming (we race in the same lane aswell)

But as for the track, that is the main reason for the nitrous, now. I want some track time. I figured last week after getting my first speeding ticket I second guessed getting the nitrous, and the bike. But I am getting a heck of a deal on the upgraded n2o kit that I have to have it. I know I will be hooked after my first few passes, on the bottle or not.

(crew illogic @ Sep. 07 2006,12:17) the gearing you are using  only helps from a dead stop.

16t = more torque for a better 60' time.

and you want a brock hindle pipe, not a ti force

just my 2 cents
I guess if I can handle it the 16/42 can help from a stop, but I have not even tried lauching from a stop so it would definately hurt my outcome a bit. From a roll the difference is BIG. Just gives me more torque per rpm/speed than stock allowing me to accellerate faster.

But the gearing helps everywhere in the powerband/gear until I run out at the limiter. SOTP meter and races show this.

You say Brock hindle? I know the TIforce is lighter (9lbs) and looks better but I've read the pipe you mention and the Tiforce make the same HP though. I mean I know many and more people stand by the Brock hindle. Please educate me on the matter. Thanks for your input.

Great write ups!! Nice job!! Sounds like ALOT of FUN!! I am sure you are being careful enough out there. Sounds like it, so ignore the people telling you to go to the track please. All you have to do is read his description and it explains everything in detail. He is being safe. ALOT more than most out there. So don't father him right away. Have fun my friend!! Let us know for next time also!! You go boy!!

if you want to race then you need need the brock pipe. i got one and its great. also if you go to the track in baytown you better let me know. ive been trying all summer to find someone to go to the track with.

Brocks pipe is by far the way to go. Also where are you getting that the Ti-Force is 9lbs. lighter than the Brock? No way is that possible....

Thanks for the read...makes my work day so much more agreeable
smile.gif
. Keep us posted!

(Got-Busa? @ Sep. 08 2006,05:38) Brocks pipe is by far the way to go.  Also where are you getting that the Ti-Force is 9lbs. lighter than the Brock?  No way is that possible....
May have been worded weird, but I meant that TiForce is 9lbs so I can't see the brock being lighter.

it's probly not lighter, but it will help with the torque and the mid range on the busa!!! i've had the muzzy, ti force and for me the bike brock made the best hp and torque when dynoed and it ran smoother than the other pipes. but i guess diffrent pipes for diffrent bikes
biggrin.gif
anyway good luck on your decision!!!

Well your not going to win many street races geared 16/42...That gearing is for acceleration not top end...

You really need to get off the street and get on a track...With all the precautions that you try and make you just can't overlook the unexpected...

Back