Please review information for my kickstarter entry for coast to coast video

Snakers

Registered
Hey guys.

Im looking for input, suggestions, comments or approval for my project I am trying to get launched on kickstarter.com.

What is kickstarter.com? It is a website where people can post projects they would like to complete, but do not have the funding. Kickstarter takes pledges and when the project reaches 100% of their goal, the funds are dispersed to allow that person to complete the project.

Info About my project:
The Concept

The created video will show the audience an more than just a time-lapse video of a series of roadways to get to the different corners of the country, but a continuous video displaying every segment and moment along the roadway of America

This will be unique and unlike any video that displays "Across America" action as this will not be segmented and pieced together. Everything you see will be everything that happens.

A front and rear perspective will be recorded, and matched up by time to show the audience the scenery that is coming and has gone. Adding to the visual effects, the footage will be shot from mounted cameras on a motorcycle that will create an angled view along corners adding to the excitement and draw of the video.

The Plan

A Suzuki Hayabusa will be modified and mounted with GoPro HD cameras, one facing forward and one backward. The bike will needed to be modified in a few different ways for safety, comfort, and production purposes. These modifications will include:

Power adapters for cigarette lighter attachments from the battery
Micro-USB lead from the cigarette lighter attachment (to power GPS/Phone)
2x Mini-USB leads for continuous power to the mounted GoPro HD cameras
2x articulating mounts for GoPro cameras
Cell phone mount on handlebars (runs GPS system so rider does not deviate)
Corbin seat for riding comfort (rider will be riding for 18+ hours over 5 days)
Smuggler trunk attachment for production and travel storage
Throttle lock (increase safety by enabling cruise control to eliminate fatigue from throttle maintenance.)
After the modifications are made, the rider will depart from a location chosen at a later point in Toledo, OH following a pre-determined path created with Google Maps to New York City, NY. From the map's ending point in New York City, the rider will continue directly to Los Angeles, CA. After arriving in Los Angeles, the rider will return directly to Toledo, OH at the original departure location.

The map that will be followed can be located HERE

While traveling the path of the map, the rider will need to maintain the cameras, keep the vehicle fueled, and drive safely along long distances while avoiding fatigue.

Camera Maintenance: The cameras will only record for 4 hours and 20 minutes each at highest resolution on a 32 gigabyte memory card. The rider will have to keep track of the time in which the camera started recording to know when the memory card needs to be swapped out. When this time frame hits, the rider will pull to the side of the road, stop the cameras, change the memory cards, start the cameras and continue while noting the time.

At the rider's discretion, to avoid fatigue, when necessary the rider will strategically need find a point that he can resume from at a later point, then rent a room at a hotel to sleep and recuperate before returning to the ride since the recording will take place for 18+ hours at a time. For documentary purposes, the rider is encouraged to record a video log of all stops (Gas, sleep, food) to document any adverse affects the rider may be experiencing.

Recording Completion: After all the video footage is recorded and the rider returns to the beginning location, the footage will be downloaded and edited into different production cuts. The final/main cut will be a fast track view through the entire United States showing the viewer what the distance is really like.

Alternate footage: At productions discretion, additional cuts may be created and not limited to: Riding highlights (quick cuts of eventful footage), promotional materials, documentary interviews with creators and staff. Special/Limited edition final cuts with bonus materials, etc.

Tracking: Provided a solution is obtainable, While the rider is recording the footage, the mounted phone on the handlebars will have an app installed that allows tracking of location on the web. This can be distributed to interested parties that helped with donations so they can monitor the progress of the recording.

Funding

The finances obtained through donations here will contribute to the cost of the project in the following ways:

Equipment
Vehicle
Cameras
SD memory cards (estimated 52x 32 gigabytes will be required)
Camera mounts
GPS/Phone mounts
Cigarette lighter adapters
USB power cables
Vehicle modifications
Camel bag (nutrients for rider, hands free, while riding)
Safety equipment
Production and distribution costs
Rider's meals while traveling
Rider's rooms for sleeping when necessary
Gas for the vehicle
Video editing and production
GPS tracking software
Media costs (DVDs, Harddrives, etc)
Domain and hosting for website
Taxes
Fees
Additional information

For more information regarding research, costs, production planning and progress, more information will be available through a series of updates at the HayabusaC2C Blogspot

Reward structure:
PLEDGE $10 OR MORE
Special Thanks in the credits of the final production video

PLEDGE $15 OR MORE
Access to GPS tracking website (provided the site is operational. That regard is out of our control)

PLEDGE $25 OR MORE
Special access to special cuts and features of the video including promo material

PLEDGE $35 OR MORE
Special Thanks in the credits of all the additional cuts of the video

PLEDGE $50 OR MORE
All original footage of the road recordings compressed onto a series of DVDs mailed (for personal use only, not for distribution or copy write release)

PLEDGE $75 OR MORE
Access to pre-release video library. Feedback and suggestions to production team.

PLEDGE $100 OR MORE
Corporate sponsor thank you in credits, with logo if applicable

PLEDGE $300 OR MORE
Corporate product placement (motorcycle apparel) in final cut of video

PLEDGE $500 OR MORE
What would you like? We can discuss!

I know my reward structure isnt very good at the moment and the video is kind of half-assed, but my fundraising period is 60 days, so I have to get it finalized soon to be able to get everything ready for this summer.

Let me know what you think and where I need improvement to better my chances at getting widespread donations.

Thank you for your honest opinion.

I tried to take a little bit from the videos offered to me and chop them up. Its been pointed out to me that when the 2 videos come up together, the top video gets very winding and disorienting, so ill be smoothing that out a bit. Maybe changing the font for the subtitles and less dramatic music.

Your riding straight thru on the Interstate? Not recording anything except on road footage?

Your riding straight thru on the Interstate? Not recording anything except on road footage?

Correct. Might seem boring to some, but I find it interesting myself. Curious to see what it will look like to fly through the states quick. Ill also be recording a video journal at stops describing how the recording and riding is going. I imagine it will be quite the challenge balancing refueling and swapping out memory cards at the correct times.

How long will the vid be one way to LA?

I think im gonna make a few segments with NY to LA being one segment. Im going to see what I can do to speed it up to fit in 10-15 minutes. Try to make it entertaining by adding music or commentary along the way, possibly a map to follow the journey. The editing team has some ideas. It really depends on the footage captured, but I think there is alot we can do with it.

Back