New female rider

Busaluvinqt

Registered
<span style='color:red'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:papyrus'></span>Hello to all....I'm new to this site and board. I am a young woman who has only been on the back end of a bike never in control of it. I've been interested in riding for a few years but have only had my eye on that one bike...THE BUSA! In the past my nerves have overcome me and I haven't gotten anywhere. I would sit on it at the dealer and talk about making that purchase but didn't go through with it.

O6' has been a BIG change for me physically, mentally, and spiritually. I've moved on everything that I used to want to do. With no hesitation I enrolled into the Riders Course which is coming up very soon. My choice bike has yet to change and I'm getting mixed opinions from fellow(male) riders as to whether to start that large or not. Most of them don't ride the 1300 so I want to speak to u all. I've seen post about coming out on a Busa but yet to see it relate to a female. I read up on the busa and got plenty of info from riders.

What is your view of females riding a busa with no prior experience?

Looking for advice from everyone especially female riders.

TIA
1zhelp.gif

Hrmmm, well, there are so many opinions on the subject...I started on a brand spankin' new Harley and went down on it...after the MSF course and just 2500 miles behind me in experience, I opted for the Busa...it is a lot of bike for a beginner, and though I have no regrets on getting mine when I did, I can see where a new rider might drop it at least once before the learning curve kicks in...even a slow turn in a parking lot could cost you plenty in damages...

If you're a mature rider, willing to take your time to learn and not rush the process, you may do just fine...just be aware of how heavy the Busa is and that if it falls over, it'll be damaged to some extent...

I'm not one to deny new riders a choice in whatever they want, just educate yourself about what you're buying and take your time...the MSF class is a great start, and if you can even get your hands (and rear) on a bud's dirt bike or something, that will help you learn the controls more quickly. You certainly want to be in complete control and aware of how to go, stop, change gears before you venture out on any bike...

Good luck in whatever your decision will ultimately be and just do what feels right FOR YOU. We have a handful of female Busa riders on here (scootergirl, LadyHawk and myself are all that come to mind just this second) and I'm sure plenty of other Busa riders will help you with any questions you might have...

Welcome to the org!
smile.gif

DO NOT get a Busa for your 1st bike. Buy a used cheap bike 1st and get accostomed to handling, shifting, accelleration, negotiating tight spaces, etc. Unless you are a 180 lb body builder, you will have a hard time with this machine. Yes there are small women who ride these bikes, but only after much experience on a smaller bike previously. The Busa is unforgiving and expensive to repair.

OMG! I LOVE girls on bikes, there is nothing sexier. ABSOLUTLY nothing!. But a Busa as a first bike is a huge, HUGE problem. I have been riding motorcycles for 4 years, and I raced in motocross, But sitting on this bike I am a little uneasy because of price and how fast it can go. Busa's are not begginners bikes. they are for the advanced riders. I would love nothing more than to see you on the back of a busa. but if you still want that bike the best thing i can tell you to do is to get a dirtbike and go to trails and track so you can get the feel of a bike and learn how to handle it under any condition, second get maybe a rebel 250 or a buell blast 250 (used in MSF) and ride that around the streets for a while, to get a feel for other drivers and the bike on different roads. Remember its rarely the motorcyclists fault its the people driving their cars while talking on their cell phone that get you killed. This has been brought up in other posts, and I think everyone agrees here that the best thing to start off on is an Suzuki SV650, It is very low price brand new and even better price used. and if you go down there will be less cost for repairs because there are no 400-800 fairings to be messed up. Hope this helps. If you like sporty look like the busa and not the naked look of the SV650 then look at Katanas, I bought one for 2400 with on ly 3000 miles on in and it was a 2001, looked good and still helped me get used to the road, plus it weighs close to what the busa weighs so you can get a feel for the busa in the future

It is tricky on all bikes but on a sportbike it is very important to NOT use your front brake when going slow and turning. You will get off balance before you know it. I have watched so many people drop their bikes because they hit the front brake while turning.

Best advice I can give you in this situation is to think with your head........ and not with the Hart..

What your hart pines for, you can achieve later...

If you go with what some of these guys/gals  have told you... with regards in getting a cheap bike and learning some control... the chances of anything happening to your pride and joy "when you get it".........BUSA......... are greatly reduced....

Picture this.......... you go to your dealership, you BUY, your dream bike...... BUSA............ with no previous experience.... of riding any bike, "solo" Never mind the  BUSA, or weight!!!!..........

You STALL it on a slow turn............. downed it goes........ 2 K. worth of damage..

And you wishing you had listened to what had been told............

Be sensible, use your head........... it will pay dividend in the end...

And welcome to the board........... this is a great site........ you will make friends here from all over the world that can help you with anything you can think of... and not just bikes...... you don't need to be BUSA owner to play here
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|BUSA-MAN 24-7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145654872 -->

Hrmmm, well, there are so many opinions on the subject...I started on a brand spankin' new Harley and went down on it...after the MSF course and just 2500 miles behind me in experience, I opted for the Busa...it is a lot of bike for a beginner, and though I have no regrets on getting mine when I did, I can see where a new rider might drop it at least once before the learning curve kicks in...even a slow turn in a parking lot could cost you plenty in damages...

If you're a mature rider, willing to take your time to learn and not rush the process, you may do just fine...just be aware of how heavy the Busa is and that if it falls over, it'll be damaged to some extent...

I'm not one to deny new riders a choice in whatever they want, just educate yourself about what you're buying and take your time...the MSF class is a great start, and if you can even get your hands (and rear) on a bud's dirt bike or something, that will help you learn the controls more quickly.  You certainly want to be in complete control and aware of how to go, stop, change gears before you venture out on any bike...

Good luck in whatever your decision will ultimately be and just do what feels right FOR YOU.  We have a handful of female Busa riders on here (scootergirl, LadyHawk and myself are all that come to mind just this second) and I'm sure plenty of other Busa riders will help you with any questions you might have...

Welcome to the org!  
smile.gif
+1 well put michelle

It's your choice, but you could get an older bike very cheap and then sell it for what you paid for it when you are ready to move up.

Welcome to the board!

umnik.gif

I started on a 900, so I'm 1 to talk. The biggest thing to remember is RESPECT. Start there and the MSF course. I would HIGHLY recommend a used bike to abuse for a full riding season BEFORE buying the Busa. I do not want to stear you away from a Busa, just 1-3k miles on something less than the Busa. After you've gotten comfortable with your learner (++ to the SV650, GS500, older CBR600...) I'm sure you can find a person you ride with that has a Busa that will let you try it out on a "safe" section of road. The people I've let ride Smaug have come back with comments like "...that's not a throttle, it's an F'ing on/off switch" and the like.

Ride Safe, Smart, and be alert for the other idiots out there!!!!

umnik.gif

I started on a 900, so I'm 1 to talk.  The biggest thing to remember is RESPECT.  Start there and the MSF course.
+1

You could be all right, or you might crash a time or two. I would expect every newb to at least drop the bike in a slow drop (parking lot like Michelle said) or a slip in the gravel at a stop sign and over she goes....guy or gal, doesn't matter. To sit on a sportbike is much different than on a cruiser and after?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??geeez, 21 years of riding, I've alllllmost dropped the bike a time or two myself. It's heavy. Really heavy, and say you have your wheel just slightly turned, grab a little too much brake stopping.....and over you start to go. It's difficult to hold the baby up - I've been there a time or two myself.
smile.gif

Without getting into the horsepower/torque/engine size debate, used perhaps is better for a first timer, even if it's a used busa or cbr, or what have you, just the impact is a little lessened at your first drop or perhaps crash.

Anyway, good luck with your decision!
smile.gif

Jason

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145669094 -->

rock.gif

smile.gif

hey, welcome to busaland...either way, I see it...learn it 1st and get on what you like or get on what you like most and pay for the price...smarter way or hard way...I did ride since I was 15, so anyway I couldn't get the big bike anyway back then...
Just get the ideas from here, and decision is yours " every1 here have a good heart for you to stay with us here for a long time, not for awhile and put the last post saying something bad...nuff said.
BTW, choice is yours...welcome aboard
biggrin.gif

Hey Tia

U didn't mention ur age or weight or height?

Don't be discouraged about this bike. I'm glad to see, ur moving forward instead of sidestepping. Congratulations on the changes u've made for ur life. Hope u continue to make them!

As far as the bike: it weighs over 500# w/o fuel. So their is a weight issue. The speed this bike has is unreal, but the throttle works both ways. It can be vicious & a pussycat at the same time. Also, could u flat-foot on the Busa?

None of us, would want u to give up on the Busa. Rather just make sure ur ready for it. Personally I started on a 1000. But I learned on a 250.

I know a guy who weighs 150# & has a turbo Busa. Not to mention a few female riders. I've even seen a female w/ a 300mm tire(mental picture: my tractor/trailer has 295 tires). So it can be done. U can do it. Just keep at it.
Take the course, see how u feel. Consider a used, cheap 250. Then after awhile, see if ur ready for the Busa.

The Busa isn't going anywhere. Not to mention the new model, will be out next year. If u don't like that one, plenty of the older models. Will become available, I'm sure of that.

Good luck & take care
Stephen

<!--EDIT|ksana
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145665773 -->

Welcome to the .Org! My $0.02 to anyone that hasn't ridden before is to learn in the dirt. But if you have to start on the road, get a Suzuki GSXR600. It'll get you into it on a cool bike. After two seasons of steady riding, move to the Busa.

It has to be your choice but for myself I'm glad I didn't start on my Busa. I had two bikes before it, both cruisers and got past the beginners learning curve. The chances of you droppping that bike in the first 2 months are great and it is VERY expensive to replace plastic. Take everyones advice and get some miles on before you invest in your dream bike. You'll be glad you did. OH....... and welcome!!!!!!

Whether male or female, I wouldn't recommend the 'busa to anyone as a first bike. Way to easy to get into trouble with the smallest of mistakes. Listen to all of the posts before me. Be careful and good luck.

Back