New female rider

<span style='color:red'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:papyrus'></span>Hello to all....I'm new to this site and board. I am a young woman who has only been on the back end of a bike never in control of it. I've been interested in riding for a few years but have only had my eye on that one bike...THE BUSA! In the past my nerves have overcome me and I haven't gotten anywhere. I would sit on it at the dealer and talk about making that purchase but didn't go through with it.

O6' has been a BIG change for me physically, mentally, and spiritually. I've moved on everything that I used to want to do. With no hesitation I enrolled into the Riders Course which is coming up very soon. My choice bike has yet to change and I'm getting mixed opinions from fellow(male) riders as to whether to start that large or not. Most of them don't ride the 1300 so I want to speak to u all. I've seen post about coming out on a Busa but yet to see it relate to a female. I read up on the busa and got plenty of info from riders.

What is your view of females riding a busa with no prior experience?

Looking for advice from everyone especially female riders.

TIA
1zhelp.gif

Well I just bought me a busa and hell yeah I was scared but like you it was my dream bike. However I did start out on a 250 and all my male friends kept telling me it was way to big for me to handle, I guess I proved them wrong cause I have been riding it for a few days now and I love it. As far as it being a starter bike, well I don't know, I don't think I would do it only because I am still having trouble going around curves. Of course I am only 5"1" and I have had my bike lowered. Honestly I would start on something a bit smaller first, cause that throttle is a Mo Fo you know. Its almost as if you have to baby it and thats ok. If I go to slow oh well I am not out to try and die young. Whatever you decide pray about it first and make absolutely sure this is what you want to do from experience once you get on a busa you won't want to go to something smaller ever again. Good luck in your decision.:)

Everyone drops their bike at some point. I'd suggest starting out smaller and on something less expensive to fix. Your busa will be there AFTER you gain the necessary skill. I like the idea of you taking the MSF course. Just remember that once you compete this course you still have thousands of miles needed before you truly develop riding skill's. One thing you will notice is that you will constantly be getting better.

Another thing that will help is reading and practicing what is written in the book: sport riding techniques by Nick Ienatsch. You can get his book at most large book stores. Its written in such a way that is easy to follow and you will be able to grasp the concepts that he is describing. I would suggest reading the book from cover to cover. Then go back with a highlighter and pick different parts of the book to concentrate on. When you go on rides this summer take one or two things from the book and practice on your ride. I'm sure that your skill level will increase with practice.

Pick up the busa as your second bike. Put ~10,000+ on your first bike. It might seem like a lot of miles but trust me when I say they rack up fast.

There's nothing that says "Poser" more than a newbie on a bike that's way over their head. Don't buy a bike just for it's status. That's what most of the maggots do around northern Va and most have no business on 2 wheels.

Be smart and earn your way to the top.

The Busa will be waiting.

Last edited:
+1

this is your first bike, not your last.

If you aren't carefull it just might be both. But you can get in trouble with any size bike. It will be just a little harder to correct a mistake on a busa for several reasons.

weight and speed just being 2 of them.

She hasn't logged in for 3 years. Not a good sign.

If you aren't carefull it just might be both. But you can get in trouble with any size bike. It will be just a little harder to correct a mistake on a busa for several reasons.

weight and speed just being 2 of them.

She hasn't logged in for 3 years. Not a good sign.

She doesent wanna seem needed or over-eager, thats all:laugh:

Well.. I probably won't be much help.. as a female rider I started on a 1000 and never looked back..I rode everything with two wheels that someone would let out of their sight until I could get my own.(and I rode like a banshee)
The one consistent truth with motorcycles is that its never a question of IF you'll go down...it's WHEN. Accept it (or you fear the bike), and prepare against it (so you learn to ride smart)...but know that your bike WILL get a ding or scratch at the least :) its part of life that nothing stays pristine if it's truly used.
I don't see alot of difference in picking a big bike over a small bike as long as you "learn" to ride what you "plan" to ride. There's no sense in practicing on a 500/600 if you go out and buy a monster...or a midget so to speak. I know lots of folks argue this and think that practicing smaller to larger makes a difference, but I have never had a time in my life I've seen that was the case... concerning anything not just bikes.
Bottom line is .. you're doing this for you... not us... make a smart and carefully considered choice..but make YOUR choice and base it on what YOU want. Enjoy!!
Val

[QUOTE
The one consistent truth with motorcycles is that its never a question of IF you'll go down...it's WHEN. Accept it (or you fear the bike), and prepare against it (so you learn to ride smart)...but know that your bike WILL get a ding or scratch at the least :) its part of life that nothing stays pristine if it's truly used.
[/QUOTE]

Sssshhhhhhhhhh Misty might hear you.

{chuckles}... darlin, SHE already knows :)
Val

btw.. why are we posting on this old thing anyway? :whistle:

Back