New 2008 O/B

Trilogy3

Registered
Just wanted to thank the forum for some great info on some DIY projects.I have had my orange/black for a week and a half.So far it has installed PMR triple tree,Schnitz adj. lowering links,black mirror blockoffs,black adj kick stand,handlebar mirror,removed reflectors-stickers and made a fender eliminator. Will soon install PMR killswitch and I am near top of list for the Brock Alienhead should have 1st week of Dec.I hope pic comes out.

Busa_01.jpg

Trilogy3, I like the direction of your scooter and all in just a week or so, nice, lot of work, but I do have a question. Can you enlighten me to the 'no mirrors' thing? I understand they are ugly but they serve a good purpose, that's one of the things I like about my boo is that I can actually see out of the mirrors. I'm ol skool ol fart, please enlighten. I've built several bikes with little mirrors and even one mirror, but no mirrors?

Bo, the reason Trilogy doesn't need mirrors is he is not going to need them to find me! The blue one that i bought before i sold him his orange is always going to be a bike or so out front...
bowdown.gif

Well if he is going to make this strickly a track bike removing the mirrors is better for the aero dynamics of the bike reduces wind drag. But if you ride on the street you ought to have atleast have bar end mirrors. I know that in the state of Texas you are required to have at least 1 mirror on the bike to pass inspection.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE PMR TOP CLAMP. DOES IT LOWER THE HANDLEBARS? READ IT IS A ONE PEICE THAT ELIMINATES THE 2 PEICE OEM STYLE. GONNA BUY A TOP CLAMP AND NEED THE INFO.

Just wanted to thank the forum for some great info on some DIY projects.I have had my orange/black for a week and a half.So far it has installed PMR triple tree,Schnitz adj. lowering links,black mirror blockoffs,black adj kick stand,handlebar mirror,removed reflectors-stickers and made a fender eliminator. Will soon install PMR killswitch and I am near top of list for the Brock Alienhead should have 1st week of Dec.I hope pic comes out.
Check your PMs

Jay

I'd like some info on that triple tree also... cost? I take it you lowered the bike a bit... how much did you go? How has the new triple tree worked out in regards to dropping it down... pretty easy or no?

-Matt

My bike has 1 handlebar mirror.The triple tree keeps bars in stock location but you can slide tubes thru to lower bike.I did not have any interference problems with triple tree with my stock levers but Titax Racing short levers touched inner gauge pod on brake side so I had to remove.PMR tree is 1st class.Sorry but I usually keep all of my old parts.

mind if i ask how much the triple tree was? How long did it take you to put the lowering links and the triple tree in start to finish?

Back