wrapped up my winter project

STevoVIII

Registered
Just wanted to show everyone what i've been putting together for the winter season. It's been a fun project and my first real venture into motorcycle modifications. The idea was just to create a fun street bike that I can take to the track this summer. It was sort of one of those projects that started small and just grew into what it is. I believe i enjoying putting things together as much as i do using them. :cheers:

Mods:

* McIntosh 4-8 over alluminum swing arm
ek zzz 530 chain
rear vortex sproket
custom black brake line
tigertail, powder coated black

* mps air shifter set up
ram hidden in front fairing
air storage built into the swing arm
onboard air compressor, no refilling : )
hayes switch

brocks radial mount front strap set up
hot bodies air ducts
vortex rear sets
lowering triple tree and rear links
rectifier mounted in tail
winglets removed
passenger pegs deleted
custom made drag seat (Smithers)
mirror deletes / bar end mirror
renthal grips
r1 throttle tube
pmr billet kill switch tether

Yoshimura R55 full exhaust
pipercross race filter
power comander 5
tre
gsxr1k velocity stacks
pair valve plates
pair solenoid removed (resistor)
dyno tuned by Smithes Customs

All i need now is a tire and some time to ride!

Big thanks to Steve, Patty, Reid and Craig at Smithers Customs. I highly recommend Smithers for any work. Their labor is top notch, everyone is overly qualified, family owned, and prices are always better or even to internet prices. They're in Olathe, worth the drive if you have a serious bike you want to put together. Also, Terry McIntosh was a great help and got me set up with this swing arm for a great price. I highly suggest him for any swing arms or chassis modifications you may need (short necking, cut rails, etc).

I'm not trying to advertsie for anyone, i'm just really happy that i've come in contact with really helpful people throughout my first motorcycle build experience.

I'm excited to get out and do some riding and racing, also excited to hear what you guys think. I've modified cars for years, and this was the first time i've really made a project out of a motorcycle. It's been a ton of fun and i hope you enjoy the look as much as i do! :cheers:
*edit: sorry for the weak cell phone pics, it's all i've got for a camera*

SmithersADD.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo_3-1.jpg

photo_5-2.jpg

Fine job bro, she looks wicked! :beerchug: Lots of time and love went in to this one.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I tried to keep it real simple and understated. I'm not much for the bling look so i spent a lot of time making sure things had nice finishes on them, powercoated and anodized a lot of pieces.

The black scoops have been a love it or hate it thing. I like the contrast, i get asked when i'm going to paint them quite often though haha. I might consider it when i do a colour change in the future.

Beautiful man! How did you get those bar ends to fit? Which kind did you get? I got some off of ebay but doesnt fit. Please do fill me in.

Lets see some pics of that EVO!!! I just sold my evo8 2 weeks ago. Im still hurt from doing so.

The bar ends are crg pieces. i used the hollow clip on crg mirror adaptor. I just cut off the wedge assembly with a rotary cool and used a nice allen bolt through the hole and into the factory threads for the factory weights.

CRG - Constructors Racing Group
i just cut off the piece flush at the mounting barrel for the mirror. I felt bad cutting a nice of machine work, but it worked out great.
CRG - Constructors Racing Group
mounted this piece too it. It's technically legal, but its not all that useful. I always check over my shoulder for lane changes *always have*. It's not safe, but for aesthetic and racing purposes it works great.

Ah, my evo. my old baby. I finally sold it after having it for 7 years. It was my daily driver during high school, and it was my road race car in recent years while working for a speed shop in wichita. I came to Lawrence to attend the University of Kansas (rock chalk jayhawk) and having a race car just didn't make sense. Having a bike is more than enough of a toy to keep me sane right now. It was a fun car, here are some pics when i took my g/f at the time to Hallett to watch us run and get a few ride alongs.

n553150002_1703217_6254848.jpg

n553150002_1703222_7541152.jpg

n553150002_1703225_4018845.jpg

better pictures of the car and ex upon request lol, jk

The bike is looking pretty mean! Can't wait to see what kinda times she runs at the track. I wouldn't mind having that old Evo of yours. :thumbsup:

The bike or the car?

The car made around 350. It was a full aem ems car, set up for high speed road track with 12k/14k jic coilovers, full bushings etc etc etc lol. It was built over a really long time span.

The bike made 183 before the addition of the power commander, air fitler and tre. I'll just say it's closer to 200 than it is to 180whp. I'm content with the power numbers but i'd like to get a bit more out of it. I've yet to have it to the track but i will soon enough. I only live about 20 minutes from Heartland Park Topeka so I'll be spending some time at their track very soon. I think i'm going to run a shinko 003 as i like to cruise around on it still and i'm used to putting heavily mileage on my bike. I'm looking for a cbr1100xx or something to put miles on instead of my busa at this point.

Back