Purchased my Winter Project

Thanks everyone.  Im still debating on which direction I want to take the Gix.  Street fighter or just build it back to stock.  And as for the price, lets just say I should be able to pimp a basically new gix 1000 for a hell of deal  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134566060 -->

26 miles and it took out the front?

Had to have either pulled into a spot to fast or popped the clutch after parking near a stationary object?   Tree, car, sonic stall?  
smile.gif
Basically at a red light.  Cranked it to 13K and let the clutch go.  Luckily the bike never touched asphalt.  The bike on one wheel veered to the right hand side of the road which hit a ONE WAY street sign catching the front end of the bike.  Then the bike landed onto grass.  She walked away form the accident with only a bruised ego. By the way this was her first bike paid for in cash with only liability insurance.  The kicker she went on bought another one the following week in cash again.  The new one she has more respesct for and 1100 trouble free miles.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129253320 -->

Had to have either pulled into a spot to fast or popped the clutch after parking near a stationary object?   Tree, car, sonic stall?  
smile.gif
Basically at a red light.  Cranked it to 13K and let the clutch go.  Luckily the bike never touched asphalt.  The bike on one wheel veered to the right hand side of the road which hit a ONE WAY street sign catching the front end of the bike.  Then the bike landed onto grass.  By the way this was her first bike paid for in cash with only liability insurance.  The kicker she went on bought another one the following week in cash again.  The new one she has more respesct for and 1100 trouble free miles.
biggrin.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

WOW a easy fixxer for sure..winter project???..sheeet a few hours of work at best!!

Was She hot??

Sounds like you robbed Her for it..good for you!!Those deals never happen to Me!!!

Congrats!!

<!--EDIT|E-RACER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129271709 -->

smile.gif
Basically at a red light.  Cranked it to 13K and let the clutch go.  Luckily the bike never touched asphalt.  The bike on one wheel veered to the right hand side of the road which hit a ONE WAY street sign catching the front end of the bike.  Then the bike landed onto grass.  By the way this was her first bike paid for in cash with only liability insurance.  The kicker she went on bought another one the following week in cash again.  The new one she has more respesct for and 1100 trouble free miles.
biggrin.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
geez! first bike period, or first bike paid for by cash. Lucky she separated cleanly from the bike I assume.

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

My 04 Busa was very close to yours condition wise when I got her. Scraped fairng, dented radiator on right and a small dent on the far right exhaust pipe. Later I noticed a very slightly bent brake rotor also on the right. I noticed when the front brakes quit all together for no clear reason.

Only thing I have left to do is to tighten the fork bolts. Prevoius owner was a true wheele squid. I'm sure they're loose.

Good luck!

Well my winter project basically turned into a fall project as I am almost completey done with it.  Put a new front end on it and new fairings. Thanks for ebay. Just ordered a couple of front fender bolts and windshield screws.  All I need is some mirrors to finish off the bike.  Went for a quick spin last night.  The bike felt good.  I definetly didnt get into but I can feel that this thing is going to be one hell of a ride. Took her about to 100 mph, smooth as can be.  Now all I need is for spring to arrive.
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132175344 -->

Wow, congrats on the nice deal!

You said 60% off up above ...that is like $4400 !
wow.gif
..even if your into it for $7000K you stole it.

A wrecked one with a good frame , engine , subframe and forks is worth 6K easy.:cool:

Man, lately I been itching for track bike. I think next summer I'll start looking for a K5.

Back