Purchased my Winter Project

Big E

Donating Member
Registered
Well I came across an ad for a 05 gsxr 1000 at the local section on craigslist.  It said basically 05 gsxr 1000 with front end damage with only 26 miles.  I talked with the owner for a a couple of mins and originally only wanted the front brake master cylinder and the calipers( converting the front brake master cylinder for the busa, calipers will be a winter rpoject too).  The first thing when I saw this bike is that, man ole man I am in trouble.  I thought to myself I will be purchasing the whole bike instead.  Walking over and over looking over the entire bike.  I made an offer and she accepted.  Well this is my new winter project.  As much I hate to say it the busa will be taking a backseat to the GSXR as I rebuild the bike. The bike comes with a clean title to boot.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129188869 -->

Ive already taken off the front brake master cylinder to mount onto the busa. Hopefully I should have them mounted within the end of next week. I hope it gives a better feel for the brakes. As we all know the brake set up the busa comes with is complete ass. Ive already done the front lines and the EBC HH and am happy but do not like the feel of the levers when the brakes are applied.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129187090 -->

gix1.JPG

Front end is toasted.  I think I can salvage one of the forks.  I already have a complete front coming. Thank goodness for Ebay.  The wheels are cherry and are spinning straight as with the rotors also.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129188845 -->

gix2.JPG

Not a single knick on the frame.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129186921 -->

gix4.JPG

Ive got a replacement radiator coming in.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129187928 -->

gix5.JPG

Amazing from the riders seat and back the tail fairing does not have a single mark on it.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129186962 -->

gix6.JPG

Sweet! I am trying to work out a deal on an 03 1k. It looks like we are going to be in the same winter project status!

Looks like you got a great deal, bro! Definitely a fun winter project.

Great come-up Big-E, I would definately be interested in knowing how that front brake setup works out for the Busa...

26 miles and it took out the front?

Had to have either pulled into a spot to fast or popped the clutch after parking near a stationary object? Tree, car, sonic stall?
smile.gif

You got a great deal on that bike
smile.gif
and I hope you have fun with it because the bike looks like the rider did hit something, I wish I knew what it was, but not hard enough to knock them off. I too would like to know how the brakes feel on the Busa after done.

Very Nice Big E!
How much..... come on.... we are all waiting!

Back