My winter Project

Silent Shogun

Registered
Well after my 97 CBR 600 has sat for about 6 years i decided to make it my winter project...it runs....barely..as long as you give it throttle...Im totally stripping it down to the frame...sandblasting..painting..and rebuilding everything i can...i have never done this before so im hoping i don't screw it up to bad...the only think im really worried about is rebuilding the forks and the wiring harness... hopefully i can put it back the way its supposed to. Attatched pictures is the current state without the fairings. I start tomorrow stripping it down and im going to rebuild the engine first. If i post up parts in the classifieds you know it didnt go well. LOL. Im hoping to get some experience from this so i have a little more confidence on the bigger projects on the Busa.

1005091657b.jpg

1005091657a.jpg

1005091657.jpg

Well good luck with the project and just take your time with it. Also, a good service manual never hurt anything. :beerchug:

Get a hold of the Service Manual!

Can't wait to see the finished product. Good winter project. Enjoy

good luck and take your time
get mad at it just walk away
and dont half ass anything

The best tool to use other than a manual is a camera. Ant time you go to unplug something or unbolt something, take a picture of the area. That helped me with putting my baby back together.

Back