so now what....

mcneece

Registered
as a poor white boy with a money pit, i have a question. i've exhausted the search feature. 05 busa. bought the bike 3k mi ago coming from an aprilia mille. so far i've lowered it 2" rear, tree in the front, k&n filter, air box mod, pair valve removal, brocks short meg, pc3 w/ brocks street map, adj kickstand, dremeled the rear fender, hump mod, schnitz tailsection replacement bolts, removed all reflectors, removed curb feelers, stock gearing. so what now?

i've pondered a dark smoke windscreen, sliders, changing gearing, a real deal fender eliminator kit, etc but nothing really seems like a good idea. i don't hate the stock gearing and i kind of like the look of my stock rear with the fender cut. i want a smokescreen, but is there something i'm missing? it seems like ive run out of crap to do without dropping some relatively serious skrilla. i love the bike, don't get me wrong, but i have vehicle ADD badly so for some reason i constantly need change.

oh and another option is to just get a second bike for the wife. she's leaning toward a gixxer6 and i cant say that im completely against that idea after an MSF course....

I would do an undertail, stretch, air shifter, wheels, and paint.

Btw there's boatloads of parts and smoking deals to be had on here for gen 1s
Posted via Mobile Device

HIDs, and the grills for the openings in the fairings are great if done right. :thumbsup:

HID's; cruise control; LED kit; powdercoat everything; fairing screens; undercut the tranny gears; upgrade the front forks, rear shock and spring; turn signal LED's in mirrors; clear clutch cover; Pazzo brake and clutch levers; etc. That should keep you busy for at least a week until I can come up with some more stuff :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

as a poor white boy with a money pit, i have a question. i've exhausted the search feature. 05 busa. bought the bike 3k mi ago coming from an aprilia mille. so far i've lowered it 2" rear, tree in the front, k&n filter, air box mod, pair valve removal, brocks short meg, pc3 w/ brocks street map, adj kickstand, dremeled the rear fender, hump mod, schnitz tailsection replacement bolts, removed all reflectors, removed curb feelers, stock gearing. so what now?

i've pondered a dark smoke windscreen, sliders, changing gearing, a real deal fender eliminator kit, etc but nothing really seems like a good idea. i don't hate the stock gearing and i kind of like the look of my stock rear with the fender cut. i want a smokescreen, but is there something i'm missing? it seems like ive run out of crap to do without dropping some relatively serious skrilla. i love the bike, don't get me wrong, but i have vehicle ADD badly so for some reason i constantly need change.

oh and another option is to just get a second bike for the wife. she's leaning toward a gixxer6 and i cant say that im completely against that idea after an MSF course....

"Now What?"

A digital camera so you can post some PICS! :thumbsup:

Go 2 up in the back, that's great all around power...
Undertail and mirrors are def a great change from the ridiculous stock stuff.

I am in the same boat with the want to mod but too cheap to buy anything. The absolute bust upgrade you can do that I have found is the H.I.D. lighting kit usually $50 on Ebay. Then the grilles for the openings, don't waste your money buying a kit like I did :poke:, go to lowes, or TSC something like that and get chicken wire and a tube of epoxy, cut to fit the holes and your good for maybe $15 (it cost me $35 :( ). Then for just a bad a** look (in my opinion) get the chrome dog collar usually about $60. The other stuff that comes to mind is stuff I want that is too high for me so if your looking for a budget I won't waste your time lol.
Good luck and post pics :thumbsup:

You need to do the H.I.D. mod. It is totally worth the money that you will spend on them. It makes night riding so much better!! Cagers will hate you when you turn the bright light on.

thanks guys. given me some good ideas. im thinking a DB windscreen and HIDs are next.

i was looking at these:
HAYABUSA HID Lights

for the HID guys, what, where, how much, etc??

oh and i'll get some updated pictures taken after work.

thanks guys. given me some good ideas. im thinking a DB windscreen and HIDs are next.

i was looking at these:
HAYABUSA HID Lights

If you look at HID's Go with XenonKing they are a Vendor that sponsers this site they have the best kits for your bike and prices are reasonable as well.

http://www.xenonking.com/

i was looking at these:
HAYABUSA HID Lights

Way too high man check ebay

2006 2007 2008 Honda Civic Custom HID Kit *H.I.D*:eBay Motors (item 350278935410 end time Dec-13-09 17:52:50 PST)

this is the guy I got mine from, I know the aution says for a honda civic but a H.I.D. kit is a H.I.D. kit only difference is the bulb connections. Tell the your bulb size and also you can get the dim and the bright unlike most sites that sell the dim light only in the kits. Hope this helps and saves you some $$$

Back