Need help with ASV levers....

turbosdad

Registered
bought a set for my 09. The sales guy asked me to check on how my calipers went on so that he could make sure and give me right clutch lever. I install the clutch lever first, then attempt to put the brake lever on and guess what.........no fit. It is too fat. Ok put the stock on back on and go to take a ride. Back bike out of Garage, turn the bars all the way to the right, guess what, clutch lever hits the fairing.

After looking at the levers, these are just one size fits all.

Any one else have this issue of clutch lever hitting the fairing???

I am returning them and buying Pazzo like most peeps told me in the first place.

bought a set for my 09. The sales guy asked me to check on how my calipers went on so that he could make sure and give me right clutch lever. I install the clutch lever first, then attempt to put the brake lever on and guess what.........no fit. It is too fat. Ok put the stock on back on and go to take a ride. Back bike out of Garage, turn the bars all the way to the right, guess what, clutch lever hits the fairing.

After looking at the levers, these are just one size fits all.

Any one else have this issue of clutch lever hitting the fairing???

I am returning them and buying Pazzo like most peeps told me in the first place.

You should look into it a little first. I can help you if you haven't already sent them out.

Let me know.

I was really happy with my Pazzoracing levers on my prior bike and I really like the ASVs on this one.

They make several models of ASV level, make sure you got the right ones and also "built" them with the correct parts to make it fit your application.

I've had great customer service calling ASV directly if you can't find what you need here.

Check my install thread for more info :beerchug:

You should look into it a little first. I can help you if you haven't already sent them out.

Let me know.

I still have them. Just came in from the Garage frustrated....

The brake lever will NOT fit between the other black pieces. The stock measures 5/8" while the new on measures 7/8". Never got it mounted.

The clutch bumps the fairing at the black elbow, by about 1/2 to one inch. Would never come into play while driving, just the point.

Any help would be appreciated.

I still have them. Just came in from the Garage frustrated....

The brake lever will NOT fit between the other black pieces. The stock measures 5/8" while the new on measures 7/8". Never got it mounted.

The clutch bumps the fairing at the black elbow, by about 1/2 to one inch. Would never come into play while driving, just the point.

Any help would be appreciated.

Get the PAZZO levers Rob .:beerchug:

Get the PAZZO levers Rob .:beerchug:

yeah, yeah....I shoulda listened the first time. None of those problems with the Pazzo's???

I thought the ASV color looked to be a better match. Thanks, how is life treating you....?

Heard it's a little chilly.

I have them on my 08. I ran into the same problem. ASV's website is wrong. You need to get the same part number for an 99-07. It will fit perfect. The part number you need is BRC520. You probably have BRC511. As for the clutch, I have not had any issues with it hitting. Hope this helps.

I have them on my 08. I ran into the same problem. ASV's website is wrong. You need to get the same part number for an 99-07. It will fit perfect. The part number you need is BRC520. You probably have BRC511. As for the clutch, I have not had any issues with it hitting. Hope this helps.

Man as many people on here that have said that you would think they would know that. I talk to the guy ata ASV in order to avoid this and he still gets it wrong. Just got the box and it is the BRC511 as you said.

Thanks.....hear it's a chilly there right now:whistle:

I love the ASV's they don't hit the K8 fairing, I have the shorties. Their website is confusing though.

Dude...I just sent you a PM with my phone number.

Call me; we'll get it ironed out.

I had the same problem with the brake. I had it replaced. No problem with the clutch. These things are awesome.:thumbsup:

yeah, yeah....I shoulda listened the first time. None of those problems with the Pazzo's???

I thought the ASV color looked to be a better match. Thanks, how is life treating you....?

Hi Buddy :beerchug:
It is freaking freezing :laugh:

All is good ,Email me sometime.:beerchug:

Get Pazzo levers and be done with it. You will be out riding rather than b&$ching about it on this forum. :laugh:

Just kiddin. ASV levers and bunch of others are as good as Pazzo at any given day. Hope you have the issues with the ASV levers sorted out asap.

BRC520 is the correct part. If they hit the fairing you may need to angle them down a tad. They may only touch lock to lock. Even if they do you won't touch while riding. They might while moving the bike around in your driveway.

I have had ASV C5 levers on my Busa for almost a year. I love them. I have used Pazzo and they feel cheap compared to ASV. ASV levers are built better, and are more adjustable.

I Agree with Drizit. ASV lever are a good fit, youjust need to make sure you get the right part number and in the case of the clutch lever fit the Suzuki pad pieces as stated in the box. The part number you need are CRC 545-G for the clutch lever and BRC 520-G for the brake lever.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

They are in the process of making new ASV levers for the gen 2 i sent mine back and BOB told me to check back in 3 months like around the end of april

Back