ASV levers hit fairing......?

turbosdad

Registered
just installed a set of ASV levers. They are good looking BUT they both hit the fairing. Well no big deal....wheel is never turned all the way while in motion, right? When I was backing out of garage, I turned the bars hard to the left and could not push the bike. It actually put enough pressure on the lever to hold the front tire stopped. Get the bike backed up, pull in the clutch, turn the bars hard right, let out the clutch, but it wont move as the clutch lever is held slightly in. Again no big deal as you never are turned full while in motion. Take off go for a ride...come back into driveway and have to manuever around daughters car.....walking the bike past the car..turn hard left let out the clutch and .....fall over. Hell yes, fairing pushed front brake lever and locked front wheel quickly on a left turn. Gripped and grunted for all I am worth and kept it off fairings.:please:

Question, does anyone else have ASV "standard" levers? IF so do they hit the fairings. They are going back tomorrow!!!!!!!:banghead:

Gen1 or Gen2?

I have black shorties on each of mine and neither hit the fairing. Have you considered shorties?

Have you called ASV customer support?

Curious.

08. they hit at the "shoulders" of the lever NOT the end so I dont think shorties would make a difference. As far as length they are shorter than the stock. i will call customer support tomorrow as this just happened thirty minutes ago. I will keep you posted as the only thing posible is that I have the wrong levers???????????

08. they hit at the "shoulders" of the lever NOT the end so I dont think shorties would make a difference. As far as length they are shorter than the stock. i will call customer support tomorrow as this just happened thirty minutes ago. I will keep you posted as the only thing posible is that I have the wrong levers???????????

When you call there, please ask to talk to Dawn Rogers and tell her that I recommended you speak with her. She knows me well and is my primary point of contact at ASV. Even if you have to leave her a voice mail, she's extremely responsive and will take care of you whatever the situation is.

shorties are the way to go. these are pazzo's but you get the idea

DSC05124.JPG

From memory same problem with brake on GenI Pazzo, but it's rare you turn to stop.

That was probably after putting the reaper risers on tho

I just got an e-mail from Dawn regarding your sitch, bro.

Have you called there?

PM sent.

:beerchug:

On the brake side, did you change out the Plunger? The instructions had me do that to make the brake side work. Its in HUGE letters so chances are you didn't miss it, but just wanted to make sure.

Then, on the brake side, I had 3 stop plates to choose from, is the one you have setting the lever too far forward?

You could have the wrong set too, but ASV makes quality stuff and their support is great, so you should hold off on sending them back until you check everything out.

You'll like 'em once they work right for you.

Check the box and make sure you got BRC511G for the brake and CRC545G

That's what they list as the correct application (in gold) for the 08 Busa

Back