Pazzo levers not sold for Gen II and ASV's dont fit

Pazzo's fit great!

DSC_0285.jpg

X2!

What's the latest on the Pazzo levers on the Gen II? Did they redesign the perch yet for the 08-09 so we don't have to be sooo particular on the adj.and location of the levers and controls? Also, did they come out with the carbon fiber levers that they were talking about a few months back?

A good aftermarket parts R&D will design part to fit the stock target vehicle. They can't really account for modifications that may affect the operation of their design, unless they know about that specific modification before the design goes to fabrication. If the bike in question was still stock on the triple tree clamp and bars the ASV and Pazzo levers would not interfere with other operations that the bike is designed for.

Another note to consider. The fairing and all of it's related components are designed AFTER the mechanical design has been completed.

Maybe we should be whining to Suzuki for not considering that we might change some parts to something other than stock. They would have to design every part of the bike with huge gaps in it to accommodate every potential change that could happen. That isn't very realistic, is it?

Live in the real world here folks. If you change your bike's configuration, you take the responsibility to figure out what parts will fit on your bike's current state. This is not the aftermarket company's responsibility. If they do make a change to accommodate a non-stock bike they are going above and beyond to help you. They aren't required to make that change by any stretch of the imagination. Any attitude that the company NEEDS to accommodate for a non-stock vehicle is using the "The world owes me" attitude.

As far as the Pazzo update, they are making a change as a convenience to their potential Gen II customers now that they know there is a potential fitment issue on the stock configuration. Redesigning and re-fabrication of the lever perch is no small task. It will move the pivot relationship to the lever and piston, changing the pressure required to operate the brake and clutch. Move it to far one way, it gets too hard to operate comfortably. Move it too far another direction and the lever may not depress the piston completely before the lever touches the bar. In short, a small change in the perch can be a very big deal. Please be patient with them. They have your safety to consider on this one.

Just like Pazzo, Corbin would have had more fitment issues with the Beetle Bags for the K8 if both Rich and I didn't offer our bikes for the R&D. They sculpted the bags with extra clearance to try to fit multiple aftermarket pipes. They can't guaranty that all aftermarket exhausts will fit, but they went above and beyond to what they needed to for the sake of their customers. That's what I call a good business!

:beerchug:

A good aftermarket parts R&D will design part to fit the stock target vehicle. They can't really account for modifications that may affect the operation of their design, unless they know about that specific modification before the design goes to fabrication. If the bike in question was still stock on the triple tree clamp and bars the ASV and Pazzo levers would not interfere with other operations that the bike is designed for.

Another note to consider. The fairing and all of it's related components are designed AFTER the mechanical design has been completed.

Maybe we should be whining to Suzuki for not considering that we might change some parts to something other than stock. They would have to design every part of the bike with huge gaps in it to accommodate every potential change that could happen. That isn't very realistic, is it?

Live in the real world here folks. If you change your bike's configuration, you take the responsibility to figure out what parts will fit on your bike's current state. This is not the aftermarket company's responsibility. If they do make a change to accommodate a non-stock bike they are going above and beyond to help you. They aren't required to make that change by any stretch of the imagination. Any attitude that the company NEEDS to accommodate for a non-stock vehicle is using the "The world owes me" attitude.

As far as the Pazzo update, they are making a change as a convenience to their potential Gen II customers now that they know there is a potential fitment issue on the stock configuration. Redesigning and re-fabrication of the lever perch is no small task. It will move the pivot relationship to the lever and piston, changing the pressure required to operate the brake and clutch. Move it to far one way, it gets too hard to operate comfortably. Move it too far another direction and the lever may not depress the piston completely before the lever touches the bar. In short, a small change in the perch can be a very big deal. Please be patient with them. They have your safety to consider on this one.

Just like Pazzo, Corbin would have had more fitment issues with the Beetle Bags for the K8 if both Rich and I didn't offer our bikes for the R&D. They sculpted the bags with extra clearance to try to fit multiple aftermarket pipes. They can't guaranty that all aftermarket exhausts will fit, but they went above and beyond to what they needed to for the sake of their customers. That's what I call a good business!

You going to offer up your ride for some pazzos :whistle:

Nope. I have ASV levers, and I like them too much to consider anything else unless I change the entire brake system.

Here here! Well said Wreck...Tim thanks for following up with pazzo for the changes, it should also be noted that your efforts to resolve for all involved are appreciated.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::beerchug:

The ASV's will fit if properly supplied and installed.

I have the black shorties on both my 06LE and 08. Trust me; they work.

Let me know if you need some personal assistance with that. I have a direct line.

Send PM if you need help.

Yep! :laugh:

The three people who PM'd me seem VERY happy with their ASVs.

Now, good friend... this one's for you! ==> :beerchug:

:lol:.....well you've convinced me. Now.....time for me to go order my ASV levers!

I think that deserves a ===> :beerchug:

:laugh:

Here here! Well said Wreck...Tim thanks for following up with pazzo for the changes, it should also be noted that your efforts to resolve for all involved are appreciated.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::beerchug:

Btw, the 08+ B-King does have new fitment for Pazzo, part numbers specific to that bike are F-35 / S-31.

I need to set aside some time to update the fitment list on the Application page as they have added a bunch of bikes over the summer, just not the '08+ yet.

Feverishly working on adding about 1500 new Hot Bodies part numbers to the lineup last couple days- huggers, undertails, windscreens, fenders & possibly the megaphone exhaust and race bodywork.

G'day fellas,

I have just fitted a set of pazzo shorties (S14/F14 for the 99 - 07 model) to my 08 Busa. My bike is stock height, on full steering lock & with the lever adjuster set to No6 (maximum) I still have 1 to 2 mm clearance on the brake lever and ample clearance on the clutch.

Bought the asv and really like . The brake clears but the clutch does slightly touch when full right but dosnt affect me. they look great

Back