Pazzo levers not sold for Gen II and ASV's dont fit

Just got a set of Pazzo shorty levers from Tim at Pashnit for my 08. No interference problems at all. They fit perfect from full lock to lock and the orange adjusters match the bike nice. Tim had the cheapest price and the service was quick and excellent. Order up boys, you won't be disappointed.:thumbsup:

Same here, I've had the shorty pazzo's on my 08 busa for awhile now, they work excellent and never had any issues with them.

Just to put the Pazzo argument to bed....

They fit fine... as long as you keep the adjusters on between 1-3. If you do that (which means you must have little fingers) no touching.

If your like me, and want to have a bigger gap and use 4-6, the damn things touch the dash.. no matter how much adjusting or angling you do.. there just isnt the space.

Me any my mechanic lifted the front wheel, and confirmed that even on setting 6, the lever does touch, but the front brake is not applied. I ride with 5 on the brake, 4 on the clutch. Both sides touch, but dont interfere with the bike.

I love em.. but would like to see a lever for the K8+ that doesnt touch at all.. and would like to think Pazzo will "do me a trade in" when they see fit to create a product that fits the K8+ regardless of the settings of the adjuster.

Cheers,

J

Little late to the party here, doin' a bit of riding last couple days. Here's the skinny:

Yes, Pazzo has pulled the Gen II Busa from their fitment list. The levers are the same for both Gen I & Gen II, as is the receiver. What's different is the shape of the fairings on the '08+. Given the right set of conditions, the brake side will touch, the clutch won't. Think low-speed left turn parking lot full lock. Yes, members have put them on their Gen II Busa's without incident, and up until just lately, had not idea there was an issue till Pazzo took the bike off the list.

So here's the plan. For Pazzo to put the levers back on their fitment list, we need to get an '08 into their shop so they can do their measurements and testing to get the perch (the black part) re-designed so it won't touch.

Already set this plan in motion, and I've got my hopes up we can pull this together and get the bike back on their ok-list.

8 months now, have they made an 08+ specific lever set yet?

8 months now, have they made an 08+ specific lever set yet?

No. (Although Pazzo did make a set for the B-King.)

However, FP Tactical will begin working on their 08-specific on Monday. :cheerleader:

black_IMG_7361_drbling.jpg

black_IMG_7353_800.jpg

blue_Img_6909.jpg

black_IMG_7361_drbling.jpg

black_IMG_7353_800.jpg

blue_Img_6909.jpg

ASV supposedly are goin to discontinue the levers for the 08 & 09 busa for sometime and then come back out the rep did say for redesiging

Pazzo levers sometimes will hit and sometimes they wont it depends on how much u have lowered the front and what type of tripple tree u used. So basically they do not fit correctly on the gen II. It shouldnt matter how low or high u have the front end they hit the instrument surround so they need to be re-worked.

My Pazzos I bought for the '06 went right on the '08, zero issues. The '08 is stock, the '06 was lowered and full lock would work the front brake. IMO it's a no never mind.

My Pazzos I bought for the '06 went right on the '08, zero issues. The '08 is stock, the '06 was lowered and full lock would work the front brake. IMO it's a no never mind.

And what settings do you use... bet if you crank em up to max they'll touch ;)

Jza

This thread is hilarious...

When are you at MAX opposite lock on the street...NEVER!

Parking lot maneuvers at 10mph or less don't create an issue. If you are that close, you will probably do a three point turn anyway... ???

Mine hit , they hit on a hard left turn and they hit the adjustment lever , I got to be cautious when moving around in the garage .

I drilled and taped my lower triple clamp to make the steering stop adjustable. I have a TRAC lowering triple clamp and don't have a problem with the limited turning radius (only reduces it a few degrees). Can now run brembo or magura MC with no problem. You just have to be careful of the angle you run the MCs at.

When I pull the fairing back off next month I will take pics and post.

I drilled and taped my lower triple clamp to make the steering stop adjustable. I have a TRAC lowering triple clamp and don't have a problem with the limited turning radius (only reduces it a few degrees). Can now run brembo or magura MC with no problem. You just have to be careful of the angle you run the MCs at.

When I pull the fairing back off next month I will take pics and post.

:thumbsup: Great idea !!

This thread is hilarious...

When are you at MAX opposite lock on the street...NEVER!

Parking lot maneuvers at 10mph or less don't create an issue. If you are that close, you will probably do a three point turn anyway... ???

If i put them on max span.. the brake is engaged on full lock... those 3 point turns are fun when the brake comes one without you knowing its going to happen.... HILARIOUS ;)

If i put them on max span.. the brake is engaged on full lock... those 3 point turns are fun when the brake comes one without you knowing its going to happen.... HILARIOUS ;)

If you know it's going to happen then it shouldn't be a surprise when it does... :laugh:

ok

how much diff is the factory from the asv

i have my 09 lowered and the factory brake lever hits but not to the point that it actualy applys the brake , so i have not issues now , but i was looking to get asv levers the shortys, would they have just as much room or less ?

any help please

pm is fine as well !

Back