Pazzo's don't fit.....again....frustrated.

turbosdad

Registered
Some time back I ordered Pazzo levers, in mid stream they announced that they did not fit....cancel the order.

I ordered ASV levers, "yep they fit" I was told. Got em, put em on, made a low speed left turn and bam, bike falls over. The dont fit. Take the brake lever off and leave the clutch on. It hits by the result is not quite as significant.

I wait, and wait, and wait....

Pazzo sez that they had some levers that fit the 08-09-10 busa. Got all excited and ordered them. Came in the mail today, ran outside and put he brake lever on and guess what hits and brings the bike to a dead stop. These dont fit any better than the first ones or the ASV's....

sheesh, I am frustrated. yes bike is lowered, but they hit the top of the curve in the fairing. As I turn the handle bars there is no way up or down that the lever would miss the fairing. Only thing that I can think of is that I have a "exotic cycles" triple tree bracket and the bar holders are way off???

I have no idea I am just grasping for straws now. Tim help!!

hayabusa 006.jpg

boy do I know that feeling... getting lowsided by a brake handle hitting the plastic... hope you did not hurt yourself trying to catch the bike..

Anyway, loosen the entire assy and rotate the master, you will find a spot it wont hit...

hopefully that top tree is not too far from stock... worse case, put the stocker back on..

Last edited:
I have Pazzo Racing levers on my 08 busa, no problem. Like Bogus says, you do have to adjust the up and down position a little to make sure the lever clears. I have pazzo levers on every bike and love them. Your tripple tree may be your problem? I'd try Bogus's idea and see if you can make it work!

I have ASV shorties on my Gen1 and Gen2 and have NO PROBLEM.

If you need help, I can hook you up with them (Huntington Beach).

Let me know.

Whatever it is, it can be rectified, so don't get too frustrated.

From my picture above, can anyone tell if the angle of the bars is too flat. In other words if it went back further maybe the bars would not go so close to the fairing.

I have loosened the lever assembly and there is not a position that it would clear....just simply wont. I have to think it it the exotic cycle triple tree. Again I am thinking that the position of the bar clamps is a bit more forward than stock???????? No proof yet, but that will be the next place to look.

anyone else have this one??

Ok, now I pizzed........doing some research, it looks VERY much like the exotic cycles triple tree bar holders ARE more forward than the stock ones. This would explain why the levers hit. Cant say for sure without putting the original back on BUT, I may have found the answer.

Could I get spacers and put the stock tree back on while keeping the bike lowered??????????????????????

loosen the master cyl on the bar, put the bike into full lock (right) and see if you can move the master around until it does not touch anything (as you know this is a MUST)...

I dropped my bike the same way, I know how it feels...

Roaring toys says no issue with their tree. I have a rsd tree and no issues but can only lower .5
Posted via Mobile Device

Bummer to hear. When companies release a product, they design it to fit onto other OEM pieces, i.e. triple tree, master cylinder, bar ends, etc. There is no way they can design something w/ for it to fit every aftermarket part on the market. The logistics would be a nightmare.
That being said, I think you already know that your triple tree is the culprit.

Hope it works out for you. Good luck!

The Pazzo levers do fit with the oem top clamp!
With the aftermarket top clamp the bars are moved farther forward as well as up a little!

wonder if the stock levers work?

yes that is what I have been riding with. My brother has an 06 and I always thought that his bars looked like they were angled back more than mine. No I am in the market for a new clamp.

Anyone.....200 dollars down the drain........

Same here...I ordered the "fix" mounts for the brake lever and hits the same as it did before. I figure it must be the aftermarket triple tree~!~

I am just curious and I am also pretty sure you have tried it but have you tried moving them in or out as well as up and down to get the Pazzos to fit ????
It took a few min to get them just right for me .

lever probs.jpg

Here is a pic of how the space looks on both my brackets after I got them adjusted correctly.
Again mine is stock and not lowered but it may help if you have not already tried ?

Velcro Iphone 001.jpg

The aftermarket triple tress move the bars forward. I don't think there is one out that doesn't hit lock-to-lock stock or aftermarket levers.

Rsd won't hit but has limited lowering.

Stock lever btw. Getting the fp's when they are released.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is why I keep coming here...huge amount of information and people willing to share that info. I may loosen the brackets and play with it. Thanks everyone I will let you know if I crack this one. Someone said that roaring toys has a bracket that does not chang the bars. May I could install Heli's and tilt them back????

Back