need clarification on rostra electronic cruise control

chadhuskey

Registered
hello all i have my rostra cruise control in hand
i have switch type 250-3592 (with engaged light)
and electronic servo 250-2316

i have searched thru all i could find here and elsewhere and i still have a few questions

my curiosities?
1) has everyone experienced a surge? do you think its possible that there could be interference from the coils or heat (just wondering) if locating the servo near the motor? has anyone had problems that mounted it in the tail?

2) the switch wiring
the gray and blue im not 100percent clear which i should use and what happens to the one not used (there is a procedure to figure this out but i was wondering what others have done)
the pink is for the engaged light (on the switch) it is supposed to be hooked to the servo but which wire on the servo did everyone use?

3) the unit wiring
did folks use a relay? there seems to be one in the pics? where did folks hook the neutral safety wire? the clutch safety wire?
does anyone have pics of their tie ins? for location and wiring position, color?
really all/any wiring information is useful.

im not too bright so more details are better, i know alot of folks are installing this lately and thru the six or seven locations for directions i have a fair amount of information
but there are noticeable wiring differences so i figured i would ask the questions before i proceed on mine.

thank you in advance

-chad
chadhuskey1@hotmail.com

Seems no matter how far back you look (post dates) there is no real source for info on wiring the electronic version (rostra) to work reliably. A wiring diagram & any more install info would be awesome help to me.
Had the vacuum unit on my FJR & it worked flawless !
Anyone able to help with wiring info ? Did this version ever get worked out as reliable as the vacuum unit ?
Thank You all for such useull info...

2012 Gen 2

Give me a sec guys to find some threads.. I have installed about 6 of these and they work great...

Back