Audiovox Cruise Control Install ?'s

tarock

Registered
So I bought the fully electronic Audiovox cruise control with VSS and I plan on installing it tomorrow. Minus the vaccum part, is the install the same as PIPEFIGHTER248 had on his thread for "true cruise control"?

My servo unit placement and wiring are mainly my concerns that would not be the same...as goes for the VSS unit.

Man, wish I could help you. I know of 4 members with that unit, heres a bump for you bro.

I would not use VSS. Too many people had problems with the speedo and tach after tapping into it.

Be sure to take pictures of the install (placement of the servo) and let us know how it goes. Many, many members are interested in doing this but do not feel that they can accomplish the task due to the amount of work involved.

Didn't get started today...had some things come up at work last night. Will be sunday or monday now before I get started. I am not going to lie there are a ton of wires on this thing, but looking at PIPE's write-up on wiring it looks to be pretty straight forward.

Ya, it is really quite simple once you figure up how to wire everything, just takes a lot of time to do and proper placement of the pieces. I have the vacuum one and am going to attempt to mount the servo in the tail in front of one of the turn signals. Although, I also have to find a place for the vacuum canister as well. Maybe the other side in the same place.

Anyway, take some pics and post them up when you are done.

I put the canister and the servo both above the crankcase vent.. 2 seasons with no issues and easy to get at.. Vacuum cruise was installed in one afternoon.

rostra cruise is hanging in my shop I gave up after several attemps at getting it sorted out.. :banghead:

Good Luck :thumbsup:

After reading some post about the electronic version (after the fact) I am a little worried about the install...I guess we will see what happens.

Anyone interested in a Rostra CC??? :rofl:

I guess im out almost 300 bones and still need a CCS100...dang it.

I didn't even try and put it on. Decided my gauges were too important and couldn't get any feedback from anyone who has actually made it work.

i'm reading a few threads on these newer electronic cruise control units and everyone seems to be mentioning electrical or speedo/tach issues, but i'm not finding anywhere that mentions why. im trying to understand why/how this install would negatively affect any factory equipment

thanks
brad

I'm not 100% sure, but my thoughts are that the CC screws up the electrical system on how it hooks up to the VSS. When I originally thought about installing a CC I did a lot of research as well and decided it was the vacuum controlled or not at all.

has anyone considered installing a diode in line with the electronic cruise? i'm assuming its backfeeding and sending a signal back to the instrument cluster. i cant figure any other way this should cause electrical issues, and in my mind.. that should solve it.

has anyone considered installing a diode in line with the electronic cruise? i'm assuming its backfeeding and sending a signal back to the instrument cluster. i cant figure any other way this should cause electrical issues, and in my mind.. that should solve it.

We talked about doing that, Hoping to solve the issue but never did.. Also talked about getting the signal from the tach instead of the speedo.. I just gave up and went the vacuum route but i did use the tach signal though..

I was on the connie forums and they use the rostra with no issues from what I could tell.. without joining that is.. :laugh:

i'm still trying to make this work in my head before i take the plunge.. i'm going to school starting monday and i'll be logging about 160 miles a day for the next 3 months. crampbuster isnt cutting it!

Back