Audiovox CCS-100 ?'s

tarock

Registered
wiring up the ccs100 and have a few questions:

Is the paired black and grey wires another ground?

Can I pair my purple brake wire to the rear brake lever?

Is the red/orange control power the same as the servo red 12v supply wire?

and the BIG question

I bought this unit used and the blue wire to coil was cut...is this a problem???

wiring up the ccs100 and have a few questions:

Is the paired black and grey wires another ground?

Can I pair my purple brake wire to the rear brake lever?

Is the red/orange control power the same as the servo red 12v supply wire?

and the BIG question

I bought this unit used and the blue wire to coil was cut...is this a problem???

When bike are you putting this on, gen I or gen II? Do you have LED brake lights, if so you will have to put a relay in the installation and use ground instead of power to deactivate the system when you hit the brakes.....

cap

I have a gen I. I do also have LED's...I have a relay up in front for the blink rate and just bought a resistor for the brake line to cut the ground for the CC unit. I am moving my CC purple brake wire back to the rear tail light and off the rear brake itself.

I think the only two questions I still have is how big of a deal is it that my coil wire was cut, and what is the paired black and grey wires for?...my kit is used so I dont even have an audiovox manual.

I have a gen I. I do also have LED's...I have a relay up in front for the blink rate and just bought a resistor for the brake line to cut the ground for the CC unit. I am moving my CC purple brake wire back to the rear tail light and off the rear brake itself.

I think the only two questions I still have is how big of a deal is it that my coil wire was cut, and what is the paired black and grey wires for?...my kit is used so I dont even have an audiovox manual.

FYI I dont think that even with a resistor it will kick off the cruise. To answer your question, I believe its the purple wire from the cruise that goes to your coil wire on top of the cylinder, I used the cylinder on the right side because I ran the wire loom up that side of the bike.... you just T into the coil wire, just peel back the insulation on the cylinder and solder the purple wire there...

I will get my manual and check out the other colors...

cap

Do you have this page?

002.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited:
here are the pages out of the manual I think you might be looking for...

003.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

I think that is what I needed. The paired black and grey wires are on the servo wiring harness. They pair to a larger black wire. From looking at your post, the grey wire is referenced to a speed sensor VSS, which is not being utilized. Also would explain why pipeflighter did not reference it in his write-up.

I have a diagram i will post up for you... I need to scan it

Here is the wiring doc for the relay.... You can pick a 12v relay up at oreillys for about 6 bucks...

001.jpg

001.jpg

This is a great post for anyone needing information on the CCS-100.

I think the only thing missing from it is where/how you mounted the vacuum canister and servo motor. I mounted both of mine right behind the engine toward the rider. They are secured just above where you would cap off the tube for the PAIR mod on a Gen II.

On the gen I...the best place for the server is on the outside of the subframe on the right rear. vacuum canister is something im working on. I went with pipefighters original idea of a 2" pvc tube under the seat behind the crank case breather...however I do not like the fact that it bunches up the wires and the fuel pump. Might look into making something smaller. I heard that coiling up a bunch of excess vacuum line would work...like 4 foot. This would be small and could hide easily. Any thoughts?

On the gen I...the best place for the server is on the outside of the subframe on the right rear. vacuum canister is something im working on. I went with pipefighters original idea of a 2" pvc tube under the seat behind the crank case breather...however I do not like the fact that it bunches up the wires and the fuel pump. Might look into making something smaller. I heard that coiling up a bunch of excess vacuum line would work...like 4 foot. This would be small and could hide easily. Any thoughts?

Put them on the coves in the tail section...... I did a Gen I and Gen II that way

Since your in Nebraska the coiled vacuum tube would probably work, but if you went anywhere with large hills or mountains it would not maintain speed.

I bought a canister off of Amazon that is used in automobile applications on the the CCS-100. I got the idea from an old Ford F-150 that has a CCS-100 mounted on it. I may look into relocating the vacuum canister to the rear of the Gen II, as it seems pretty tight where it is at now.

Back