Audiovox CCS-100 ?'s

I head into colorado a lot so it looks like I need to find a place for the big canister in the rear of the bike. Thanks.

On the gen I...the best place for the server is on the outside of the subframe on the right rear. vacuum canister is something im working on. I went with pipefighters original idea of a 2" pvc tube under the seat behind the crank case breather...however I do not like the fact that it bunches up the wires and the fuel pump. Might look into making something smaller. I heard that coiling up a bunch of excess vacuum line would work...like 4 foot. This would be small and could hide easily. Any thoughts?

I have the vacuum canister under the seat sitting on top of the transmission. It doesn't get into any fuel lines or wires. A couple of zip ties keep it in place.

Here's where I have the survo tucked away. On the OEM body, there is a cover in the opening hiding it.

DSCI0059.jpg

In mounting the control panel 12v power wire (orange) up front, someone stated that tapping into one of the yellow wires in the fuse block would work. I cant remember who said this and there seems to actually be 4 yellow wires up there. Anyone have a comment on which wire to tie into up front for the control panels power, or some other good location?

Just entertaining the idea...I have over 50 ft. of 5/16 hose. If I were to place a large amount of hose in the bike could this acts as an a proper "vacuum canister"? :laugh:

Finally had time to do the install and everything. Sadly it is time now for troubleshooting...Will not work. Here is what I have.

Control panel is getting power, servo is getting power.
I tapped into the blue/white wire from the ECU that is the tac signal for right side spark plug.
My servo ground, brake disconnect, and power are all coming from the rear tail-light.
I am running a relay for the disconnect.
I may have my dip switches wrong for this settup they are:
OFF
OFF
OFF
ON
OFF
OFF
OFF (questioning this...but I dont know if I am really pulling from ECU or COIL...im on the coil wire...just right at the ecu :laugh: )
Using a large vac container and it is tapped into where the PAIR was on the right side TB.

Last edited:
This is my setting's per BWhipped instructions..

1) Added a vacuum canister. Copied pipefighter's design.
2) Reprogrammed the servo. New settings:
SW1 - OFF -|
SW2 - OFF -- PPM 2,000. To make up for only pulling from 1 coil.
SW3 - OFF -- Tach signal only.
SW4 - ON -|
SW5 - OFF -- Light vehicle with high horsepower.
SW6 - OFF -- Control switch normally open (default)
SW7 - ON -- Tach source coil.

btw; my servo and vac can are mounted under the tank above the tranny.. 2 seasons and no issues..

Last edited:
Finally had time to do the install and everything. Sadly it is time now for troubleshooting...Will not work. Here is what I have.

Control panel is getting power, servo is getting power.
I tapped into the blue/white wire from the ECU that is the tac signal for right side spark plug.
My servo ground, brake disconnect, and power are all coming from the rear tail-light.
I am running a relay for the disconnect.
I may have my dip switches wrong for this settup they are:
OFF
OFF
OFF
ON
OFF
OFF
OFF (questioning this...but I dont know if I am really pulling from ECU or COIL...im on the coil wire...just right at the ecu :laugh: )
Using a large vac container and it is tapped into where the PAIR was on the right side TB.

Make sure you are testing near highway speeds. It won't engage at RPMs under 2500 and you don't want to set it in a low gear.

Dennis my cruise will work no problem in 4 gear at 30 mph with no surges.. (18-40 gearing) Just stating it will work at lower speeds is all, Just make sure you are in a higher gear or it will it surge real hard.. :whistle: :laugh:

I will try those settings. I used pipefighters canister design however, I have but it under my tail (tiger tail). I was also testing at highway with no luck so hopefully changing the dipswitches will work. :beerchug:

Did you use a valve in the vacuum line, make sure that is facing the right way.

Did you check the integrity of the vacuum system?

Make sure that you are connected to the right wire for the coil connection. Each of the coils has a common wire color, you should be on one of the others or use the pigtail from Schnitz Racing.

Ensure your servo pull cable is not binding up due to an extreme bend angle or something like that.

Just trying to throw some ideas out there, let us know what you come up with.

I am plugged into the blue with white tracer wire which is the right side coil. Should I be on another coil?

I will check my vacuum system as well.

I think any of the coils is ok, as long as you are tapped into one of the wires that is different from the other 3 coils. Is the control panel getting power? I would start with the vacuum system (check valve first) then move onto the electrical connections from there.

I am plugged into the blue with white tracer wire which is the right side coil. Should I be on another coil?

I will check my vacuum system as well.

Make sure your grounds are good and you are wired through the relay correctly.

There was a gray wire on the control panel, and a paired black and gray wire (paired into a larger black wire). These two wires are not used correct?

Gray should go to switched power and black should go to ground off the control panel.

What are you seeing on the control panel when you turn on the bike, does it light up at all?

Gray should go to switched power and black should go to ground off the control panel.

What are you seeing on the control panel when you turn on the bike, does it light up at all?

The control panel has a single green light in the center that turns on when I press "on" for the control panel. Is the gray wire to light up the whole board?

What about the paired wires on the servo?

Ran through the vac system and all the wires again. Have power to everything. Going to make a couple hundred mile trip today and see if maybe the thing just needs to warm up :laugh: yeah right.

Anyways I will maybe take some photos and see if you guys can give me pointers if something looks off...I am running out of ideas....

Not sure about the paired wires off the servo, all of the wires should go to the indicated places on the first page of this thread.

Back