anyone tried rostra cruise control?

bradbusa

Registered
hey guys, i'm considering a few options for fitting a cruise control to my k8. i'm told the audiovox ccs-100 is the best as i've seen many riders use them with great success. however, as i'm sure you all know the ccs100 is no longer readily available. in my search for alternatives, i came across the rostra electronic cruise control. wanted to see if anyone here has tried it on their 1st or 2nd gen busas. i've heard some guys were having electrical problems with the newer audiovox ultracruise unit, wanted to see if THIS one was any better.
it is also compatible with a universal dash mount with engagement light, similar to the audiovox controller.. any thoughts/ideas are greatly appreciated.

i tried doing a little research but doesnt seem like anyone has mentioned this unit yet..

thanks
brad

kromdom: i did see that thread a while back. for some reason thought that was on a different forum. regardless, only one person who posted there had tried the rostra cc unit.

what im curious to know is why a CC servo motor is ruining people's instrument clusters or speedometers and causing various electrical problems? doesnt make sense to me, i'm trying to understand it.

omslaw: i found their page a couple days ago, unfortunately i'm trying to get something installed by the end of the month. i'm currently on a break from school at the moment but will be starting back up in october. i'll be logging about 180 miles a day roundtrip to school and am looking for something to make the ride more comfortable and maintain a constant steady speed.

after reading around here RE: CC options, I chose the BRAKEAWAY. I read about other "mechanical" options (i.e. O-ring, Throttlemeister, etc.) and chose the Brakeaway (felt it was EASIEST to use)

main-area-index.jpg

Ohhh geez... that thing is almost 200bucks?

Hold put for the CC want. You will be happier and it will cost u less
And that thing looks and works just
Like the vista cruise I put on the ex's bike... cost 30something bucks..
Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

papi,
when are you gonna be in the SoCal AO? The weather is just starting to get PERFECT for riding :)

papi,
when are you gonna be in the SoCal AO? The weather is just starting to get PERFECT for riding :)

If this command would stop sand bagging with my extension I could be there early Oct. If they hold out for to much longer I may lose my orders all together and who knows where I may end up :(

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Back