Need a male opinion

When my wife and I first got married, we were planning to adopt from the very beginning because she was unable to have kids. We thought, at the time, that we should have kids because we thought that was something that was expected of us.

Fortunately, her inability to have kids and our lack of finances to adopt right away gave us plenty of time to think it over. Looking backward, we hear stories like those mentioned above and wonder what it would have been like. On the other hand, we also see the looks in the eyes of some of our friends and family who have kids and realize that they very often wish they could get away from it.

In other words, having kids is not always the panacea we frequently hear about.

My wife and I don't regret our lack of kids at all. There is a freedom to it that can't be denied. Call us selfish all you want but the reality is, we gave it more thought than anyone else we know and decided at the very last, having kids isn't for us. Rest assured, it doesn't mean we resent others for their kids in the least UNLESS they are just whipping out kids thoughtlessly and simply for the sake of . . . whatever goes through their pea brains.

Having kids is a great responsibility. Nobody should ever have kids without a great deal of though and planning aforehand. Careless parenting is a bane on us.

By the same token, my kudos to those parents who do it "right."

You may not be ready yet. Not that you can't do it, but that you're not ready yet. I hope you get it worked out, m'dear.

--Wag--

I'm single so I have very little to add here that has not already been covered. But I will add a perspective: Having children is an OPTION and certainly not a REQUIREMENT in life. No matter what the world's default peer pressure exudes.

http://childfree.net/potpourri.html

People think that means I hate kids. Not true at all. If/when I get married, it will be to a women who understands it is an OPTION and not a requirement. I am not AGAINST having children and am told I'd be a great dad, but I want it to be a concious decision we BOTH make together instead of an accident or surprise. It will take a very special [read twisted?] girl to understand that vision of living I have. It could include children if planned and raised in such a way that we don't loose our lives for them. I've have seen many parents stop living.

my 3 cents

Nancy Reagan said it best, "Just say.....

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............let someone else inspire the gene pool.........

Back