Guess who is going to be a father!

jessup

Just because the dog eats it doesnt mean
Donating Member
Registered
Well my wife is pregnant and I guess it finally has sunk in enough for me to admit it. We had our first visit to the obgyn yesterday morning and got to see a sonogram of what I currently refer to as "IT". I have been informed that refering to the baby as "IT" is unacceptable but until a gender is determined "IT" it will be... Saw the heartbeat... My wife said I had a very stupid look on my face...

Very cool feeling... I find it interesting that the thought of raising a child could turn a selfish, thoughtless, wiener like me into a What can I get you honey? Do you need anything Honey? Don't do that I will do it! Shouldn't you be resting? Sleeping? Are you Hungry? and the list goes on...

Trying to think of good Irish names... For boys and girls.

so far I like Finn and Liam for boys but I am drawing a blank for girls...

congrats.very cool.

I named my son Kylan.

Life as you knew it....has ended.

In a good way thou... Rubb.

Congrats!!!! Who's the Dad?!
tounge.gif
Just a joke...kidding, kidding...

I have always been a fan of the name "Mollie" for a girl...wish my name were Mollie
biggrin.gif

So, I was standing next to three people at the group photo and not two? Cool. Congratz! My youngest is named Declin James. You and your wife seemed like you were having a great time...

Thanks! Rub for the link!
Michelle, My best friend from the Army said the exact same thing when I told him... It is still funny.
MC, I didn't even know at the time! She was holding out on me... It was great meeting you by the way!

Congrats to you both!
smile.gif

Best start sleeping as much as possible right now...
wink.gif

I'm still looking for the bastid! All my friends and family are starting the whole you have to get rid of the bike talk... Not realizing that I bought the bike the same day we decided to try and have a baby
laugh.gif
As soon as we finished the baby talk I bought it knowing I surely wouldn't be able to afterwards.

I like Mollie alot... the wife doesn't even want to discuss names yet... So I will compile my list and the argument for a full on Irish name.hahahahahahahahahahahah.

When RSD say's life will change, he is more right than you know.
I have a Daughter, Sierra Nicole, who will be 2 yo in September and she is my whole world...She has really changed me and my life in ways I never thought could happen.
I am much closer to her than I was with my 2 older children who are 24 and 26 years old. I was in my early 20's when they arrived and I was rather wild and immature then (not much better now my wife say's) but now I can't seem to put her, Sierra, down or be away from her for more than a few hours.
So get ready to have your heart stolen, and life as you know it turned upside down. I think you will love and cherish each and every moment of it.

David

I expect it to change... Thank god I function on very little sleep. I really can't wait... thanks to everyone for the name advice and well wishes.

Congrats to you both!
smile.gif

Best start sleeping as much as possible right now...
wink.gif
DOOD....take heed of this man's advice.

It's been hell for me.
down.gif

Congrats, though...like Rubbah said, life as you know it has ended. It doesn't neccessarily mean it's a bad thing, though. All that is needed now is to "re-define" life as it is. THat's the part I'm still working on. To me, fatherhood has been surreal thus far. Something I was DEFINITELY not expecting this early on in life.

You, on the other hand, have already internalized and rationalized the change...and that is the first step step to bringing about some good. You already see some results.
biggrin.gif

Back