Narrowed new bike choices down to two...

BT,

Coming in late here myself. Working at a four line dealer really has its advantages when it comes to new machines. I have ridden all of the current crop of litre bikes. Being new machines, and out of respect to someone elses new bike, I will not abuse them. So for comparing out right power and speed, I cannot help you there.

I have put some more serious time on some friends bikes, a 04 R1 and a ZX10. Keep in mind I am a little short for my weight, I should be around 7' or so.
biggrin.gif
I am 6'2' and 340.

Either one of the two will make an excellent choice. The 10 did feel a little "twitchy" to me in the tight corners. I was much more comfy and confident on the R1 just due to my size. Some of the difference could be the suspension setup which I did not alter. If I were to spend more time on the 10, with proper setup, I am sure I would feel just the same as I did on the R1. Both are similar in their power delivery.

As for problems, I do not sell many parts for either one. The bodywork for the R1 is cheap, upper wholesale for about $75 and the rest of the cowls very resonable. The 10 carries a higher tag to replace panels.

Just my .02 and like I said, either would make a great choice.

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

Thanks for the input Kevin. I'm still a little short for my weight, too. The 10R just felt better to me. Also got a better deal on a 10. The dealers wanted to quote MSRP on the all black '05 Raven edition R1. I ain't payin' MSRP for ANY bike, so the 10R it is...

I'm definitely gonna get a steering damper for the 10. All the 10 owners say it REALLY needs one. Makes sense. I can't understand why Kawi didn't put one on it. I thought ALL new superbikes came with 'em.
rock.gif

Anyway, that and a windscreen is the only mods I plan to do to it. If it works out that I really love it I may put an exhaust on it sometime in the future, but my plan is to just ride the shid out of the 10 and get a project busa to mod and trick out.
wink.gif

Good choices BT. I must say that I do like the black R1 though. The titanium 10 rocks da house also. You can't go wrong either way. The only thing is a the ZX10 definitely needs a steering damper. Go for it dude!

Back