I never thought...

Wild07

Registered
That I'd be down to one street bike. In the past two years, I've held up to 6 titles on bikes at one time, and just sold my very first street bike(a 1992 Honda XR250L) to a buddy. I bought it at 17 years old, started riding it on the street at 18, and sold it tonight at 24 years old. In that time I've owned a Yamaha XV750(gave to dad this year for his 47th birthday), a 1998 Yamaha R1(by far my biggest regret selling), a 1984 Honda CB700 Nighthawk(a very cool, fun bike ahead of its time) that I sold to another friend, a 1993 Honda VT1100, a 1994 Honda CB1000F(totaled that one) and my 2007 Suzuki Hayabusa. Really, the only ones I've been truly attached to were the Yamaha's, the Virago was bought from a very close family friend, and the R1 was my first supersport bike, and the 'Busa because it has brought me into the life I love now. My XR that went tonight was a great beginers bike, and a blast to ride, and as much as I didnt want to see it go down the road I'm glad to know the guy that bought it is going to RIDE it, something I havent done in 3 years.

Oh well, I suppose that's the game we play, buy toys, transportation, etc, get slightly attached and sell them.

So, like I said, my R1 is the only bike that left my circle of friends and family and am disapointed that it did. Does anyone else have a bike that they owned, grew attached to, and sold and now regrets it? I know I cant be the only one, especially since none of those bikes were really all that special, except maybe the R1, as it was the only one with HUGE accolades when it came out.

That I'd be down to one street bike. In the past two years, I've held up to 6 titles on bikes at one time, and just sold my very first street bike(a 1992 Honda XR250L) to a buddy. I bought it at 17 years old, started riding it on the street at 18, and sold it tonight at 24 years old. In that time I've owned a Yamaha XV750(gave to dad this year for his 47th birthday), a 1998 Yamaha R1(by far my biggest regret selling), a 1984 Honda CB700 Nighthawk(a very cool, fun bike ahead of its time) that I sold to another friend, a 1993 Honda VT1100, a 1994 Honda CB1000F(totaled that one) and my 2007 Suzuki Hayabusa. Really, the only ones I've been truly attached to were the Yamaha's, the Virago was bought from a very close family friend, and the R1 was my first supersport bike, and the 'Busa because it has brought me into the life I love now. My XR that went tonight was a great beginers bike, and a blast to ride, and as much as I didnt want to see it go down the road I'm glad to know the guy that bought it is going to RIDE it, something I havent done in 3 years.

Oh well, I suppose that's the game we play, buy toys, transportation, etc, get slightly attached and sell them.

So, like I said, my R1 is the only bike that left my circle of friends and family and am disapointed that it did. Does anyone else have a bike that they owned, grew attached to, and sold and now regrets it? I know I cant be the only one, especially since none of those bikes were really all that special, except maybe the R1, as it was the only one with HUGE accolades when it came out.

Just this year I sold my Bandit 600 which I rode daily for 12 years, Yeah it was hard to give her up, but here is a good story for you.

I recently had some repair work done on the house and the guy who did the work was a rider and turns out He was a Suzuki mechanic in 1998, he was being trained to work on the “New Bikeâ€￾ and it was a Hayabusa.
He was one of the first to ride the first Hayabusas in the country in 1999.

He bought the Bandit and a Pit bike I had too!

He said he hasn't had that much fun riding home in years.

He had not ridden in many years due to an accident.

Last edited:
1989 750 Virago - I bought it new in 1990.

Great motorcycle, dependable I had over 50,000 miles when I let it go and it had the same battery on it when I sold it as it had when I bought it. Miss that bike.

I was a little disappointed that my sister and i had to sell my parents Harleys due to a family situation.. They loved those bikes and they were fun to drive...Ended up selling them on ebay and I'm pretty sure they went to good owners.. :thumbsup:

93 GSXR 1100 bought new in 93 and sold in 95. Would love to hav e it back!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back