The Replacement Killer

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Well, since I'll be within' $1k of eliminatin' ALL of my high interest debt as of this Friday as long as the busa sale doesn't fall through I went today to talk #'s with a couple dealers on my next bike. I had narrowed my choices down to a 10R or an R1. Well, nobody wanted to talk "deals" on an R1. They pretty much wanted MSRP. Sorry, but, ummmm, NO! So then I tell them that I wanted a black 10R but since it was not an option for '05 I wanted best out the door price on a Raw Titanium '05. One dealer was willing to get on the locator and make about 25 calls tryin' to find a left over black '04 for me. He found ONE single black 10R in the entire southeast region.

So, as long as the busa deal doesn't fall through Friday AM (it's still a go. He got the VIN today so he could get insurance on it before he rides it home.) I should be rollin' on the sweetest Ninja made, the black 10R, by this Saturday afternoon. The equity from the busa will have me within around $1k of having ALL of the high interest debt eliminated by Saturday AM. I'll still be able to knock out the remaining $1k of card debt within a month or so and I'll have the bike I wanted to begin with as my replacement ride.

I didn't plan to buy the replacement this quick, but I know that if I wait I'll never find another left over black 10. Since buyin' it will not affect the time it will take me to pay off the remaining $1k or so I can't find a reason to wait. I'm just glad that I was able to work my debt down this low before sellin' the busa. I was NOT lookin' forward to life without a bike.

So, look for pics of the replacement ride as soon as this weekend. Should look a li'l sumthin' like dis...

ZX10R.jpg

Wow that is a fast turnaround. Sorry you have to sell the 'Da Train' but it looks like 'Da Bullet' will treat you just fine. What are you going to polish for the 12 hours you don't have a bike? Oh wait...I don't think I want to know....
smile.gif

I don't get it. If you can afford a 10 why can't you afford the train?  
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1130"|1097707381 -->

I don't get it. If you can afford a 10 why can't you afford the train?
rock.gif
It wasn't that I couldn't afford Train. It was the fact that the equity I have in Train was enough to all but eliminate all the HIGH INTEREST debt I have left. I wasn't sellin'er because I couldn't pay for her. I was sellin'er to use the equity to get out of the high interest credit card debt that was eatin' me alive every month and didn't seem to be shrinkin'.

I won't have much equity in the 10R, but I won't have any high interest debt either. If I had not sold Train to use the equity on the high int debt it I would have been payin' on the high interest stuff for prolly another 8-10 months or more and still wouldn't have had any money after everything was paid each month.

Now I'll only have my house payment, bike payment, vehicle/bike insurance, and utilities. The 10R payment will be lower than the busa payment was and the insurance may be cheaper, too. While I won't have any real equity in the 10R, my monthly finances will look WAY better than it did before sellin' Train.

Wow that is a fast turnaround. Sorry you have to sell the 'Da Train' but it looks like 'Da Bullet' will treat you just fine. What are you going to polish for the 12 hours you don't have a bike? Oh wait...I don't think I want to know....
smile.gif
Yeah, I've gotta come up with a name for the new ride. Maybe she'll whisper her name in my ear while I'm out breakin' 'er in.
wink.gif

A man has to do what he has to do...

ya got respect and love from me, BT....just stay safe on that 10, aight?

Awesome !! ... can't wait to see the first set of pics ... and remember you promised to keep it stock ... ha ha ha !!

Way cool BT!  As someone (damned if I know who!) once said, JUST ENJOY THE RIDE!!  Glad its all workin out for you!!  Congrats!

Way cool BT! As someone (damned if I know who!) once said, JUST ENJOY THE RIDE!! Glad its all workin out for you!! Congrats!
Thanks.
beerchug.gif
I'm glad I was able to work out of my debt quicker than I figured I would. It would really have sucked to be without a bike very long...

Now we can hear true stories on how the 10 rides! Nice looking bike and congrats!

Interesting way to get out of debt..at least you got a very cool bike ----not a Busa...me thinks it will rock your world.
I have always liked the idea of having more than one street bike...I have had so many inline fours...kept thinking Duc
Honda hawk 996---I love the V twin sound...so if i ever could get a V twin..I rememberd the RC51....a bargain..used.
Will be fun to here your thoughts on your new ZX10...
biggrin.gif

Interesting way to get out of debt..at least you got a very cool bike ----not a Busa...me thinks it will rock your world.
I have always liked the idea of having more than one street bike...I have had so many inline fours...kept thinking Duc
Honda hawk 996---I love the V twin sound...so if i ever could get a V twin..I rememberd the RC51....a bargain..used.
Will be fun to here your thoughts on your new ZX10...
biggrin.gif
Hehehe... Not out of debt, just out of higher interest debt. I'll never be debt free again I don't guess.
wink.gif

Wow that is a fast turnaround.
Boy, I'd say!
laugh.gif

I don't know how selling the Bus and buying a brand new 10R equates to financial prudence - you sure you're not just looking for an excuse to get off your Suzook and onto a Kwak?

;)

Seriously though Train, the 10R's a bad mamma jamma. I have a friend here in town who owns a black '04 just like the one you're eyeballing. It's very pretty, metallic actually (wait until you see it in the sun - it's not a simple gloss black paint job). It's also hideously fast and much more difficult to ride WFO than the busa is, but . . . that'll be part of the fun and excitement, I'm sure.

Good luck with the sale Friday and the new purchase Saturday. I hope it all goes according to plan for you!

Well me too..always owe somebody money..lower interest helps alot ....just got a second mortgage to pay off credit card--and my Busa loan..have the title but will not sell....ever i hope.....i hope....
biggrin.gif

Back