The Replacement Killer

Wow that is a fast turnaround.
Boy, I'd say!
laugh.gif

I don't know how selling the Bus and buying a brand new 10R equates to financial prudence - you sure you're not just looking for an excuse to get off your Suzook and onto a Kwak?

;)

Seriously though Train, the 10R's a bad mamma jamma. I have a friend here in town who owns a black '04 just like the one you're eyeballing. It's very pretty, metallic actually (wait until you see it in the sun - it's not a simple gloss black paint job). It's also hideously fast and much more difficult to ride WFO than the busa is, but . . . that'll be part of the fun and excitement, I'm sure.

Good luck with the sale Friday and the new purchase Saturday. I hope it all goes according to plan for you!
Nah, not just tryin' to get out of the busa. My worries were over the high interest debt I had. That debt just had me stressed out like you wouldn't believe. I'll owe money for the rest of my life, but I will NOT get into a mess with high interest cards like that again.

I know buyin' this quick ain't the smartest thing to do, but to get what I want I had to jump or lose. This ain't the best financial move I've ever made, but it damn sure ain't the worst either.
wink.gif

My biggest worry after swappin' bikes would be hangin' upside down on the 10 since I'm financin' so much on it. The interest rate is good though (3.99 for 24 months, 6.99 for the remainder). Nowhere near the interest rates my card debt had. Again, I'll owe someone for somethin' for the rest of my life. As long as I don't get wrapped up in any poop like the credit cards can get ya in, I'll be ok.

I'm bein' told by other 10 owners that I'll need to get a steering damper since the 10 doesn't come with one. Does yer bud have a damper on his? If so, what kind and does he like it?
rock.gif

Now I'll only have my house payment, bike payment, vehicle/bike insurance, and utilities. The 10R payment will be lower than the busa payment was and the insurance may be cheaper, too.
Ah, now it's a little more clear for me. Guess I shoulda read the entire thread.
I wondered why it made such little sense to you. It still ain't the brightest thing I've done but I didn't think it was THAT stupid.
laugh.gif

Well me too..always owe somebody money..lower interest helps alot ....just got a second mortgage to pay off credit card--and my Busa loan..have the title but will not sell....ever i hope.....i hope....
biggrin.gif
Well, it would have been harder for me to let Train go had it not been for the fact that I REALLY want to tear into a project busa . The way I maintained Train, she is absolutely too nice to tear into. I need a used busa with some mileage and wear. Somethin' I don't mind as much tearin' into and redoin' to make it just like I want. I'll start tryin' to put back some cash here and there and savin' toward payin' cash for a used busa eventually. Once I'm done with THAT busa I prolly wouldn't sell it unless I had a HUGE offer for more than I had in it. Then I could buy another used one and build another.

To me, half the fun of havin' a bad ass ride is buildin' it yerself. Don't know why I didn't just buy a used busa to begin with and trick it out...
wink.gif

I'm bein' told by other 10 owners that I'll need to get a steering damper since the 10 doesn't come with one. Does yer bud have a damper on his? If so, what kind and does he like it?
rock.gif
Let me put it to you this way. This guy is a pretty good racer and, IIRC, has his white number plate now. Runs a track prepped 636 at Mid-America Motorplex here in our back yard and generally rides the 10 on the street. He and other guys with experience on these bikes say both need dampers.

I don't know what damper he wound up purchasing for his street bike, but I ran a SCOTTs on my 954 and liked it very much - a bike with significantly less hp than the 10R you're looking at. They're multi-circuited and are rebuildable. I like them better than the more costly Ohlins, but either would be a great addition to your machine.

http://www.kyleusa.com/catalog/kawasaki_zx10r_332163_products.htm

rock.gif
Let me put it to you this way. This guy is a pretty good racer and, IIRC, has his white number plate now. Runs a track prepped 636 at Mid-America Motorplex here in our back yard and generally rides the 10 on the street. He and other guys with experience on these bikes say both need dampers.

I don't know what damper he wound up purchasing for his street bike, but I ran a SCOTTs on my 954 and liked it very much - a bike with significantly less hp than the 10R you're looking at. They're multi-circuited and are rebuildable. I like them better than the more costly Ohlins, but either would be a great addition to your machine.

http://www.kyleusa.com/catalog/kawasaki_zx10r_332163_products.htm
I read something on one of the 10 boards about havin' to grind off part of the friggin' ignition key to use a Scotts on a 10 though. The Ohlins seems to be the most popular on the boards since it bolts right on and doesn't require grinding of the key. I'll have to look into that a little further. Not crazy about cuttin' the key up to clear a damper but according to how much grinding it requires, and where on the key you have to grind, I might do it. Read good things on the Scotts damper in the mags...

Good Luck with the new toy BT
smile.gif

NOW your new signature line makes perfect sense!

Hey Bullet, The dealer in Gainesville Ga where i got my busa, is managed by one of my salespersons brother.Got me the best deal and delivered my ride 6 hours away.E-mail me if you are interested in his name and number. He says he will beat any deal on any bike.(cept harleys cuz they dont sell em.)

Hey Bullet, The dealer in Gainesville Ga where i got my busa, is managed by one of my salespersons brother.Got me the best deal and delivered my ride 6 hours away.E-mail me if you are interested in his name and number. He says he will beat any deal on any bike.(cept harleys cuz they dont sell em.)
Well, I think I got a smokin' deal considering the fact that I just had to have the ONLY black one in the southeast. Most dealers would have bent me over since it was so hard to find what I wanted. Supply and demand was definintely NOT in my favor here. The dealer I'm goin' through this time seems like straight up folks. He gave me the same deal on the hard to find black one and is only addin' $100 to drive out of state to pick it up. Hell, by the time he pays for gas/fuel and his time he ain't makin' nothin' on goin' to get it.

I'd try your friend but since there ain't another black 10 in the southeast I might get a bit better deal but I might have to settle for another color. Seems there's tons of green and blue ones floatin' around. Black ones are like hen's teeth...

On that note, I found out this past weekend that a guy I know locally has a busa. He wanted to line up with Da Train before I sell her but I ain't racin' her and takin' the risk of messin' her up before the buyer comes to get 'er. I am kinda thinkin' I'll end up linin' up the 10 with his busa once I get 'er broke in (HARD, by the way) and get a steering damper.

Sweet then congrats!!!!!!!!! now im goin to find me a twisty road for lunch. Got the digital camera so ill be posting some pics tonight.

Gonna post some pics of our dealership and some of mine and my dads toys too so stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!  HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

<span style='color:tomato'>***COnsider this one your Freebie BRO***

No Sweat but Not on this board....</span>

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: "Um... Not right..."|1097770720 -->

Gonna post some pics of our dealership and some of mine and my dads toys too so stay tuned!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!
Cool, but, ummm, you might want to do away with that gif attachment. That prolly won't fly on this site. I have no problem with it, but I think it's a bit past the limit the admin sets here. Just a suggestion...

Back