Ok, I miss my litre...

BT, welcome back.
Man, that thing looks sweet!!!
super.gif
Of course I wouldn't expect any less from you.
wink.gif
I really would like to get a decent ride on the Gixx before I buy another bike. Just not sure I can make that happen. How does it feel compared to the busa?
With just the exhaust and PC3, it pull hard as hell. 161 at the rear wheel, and there is more where that came from. Smooth, linear power until around 7k, then it comes on stronger. It will never replace the Busa, but its a blast
Good numbers for a pipe and PC. I really wish I could score a ride on one though. Just hard for me to risk liking it. Besides feeling like it had a higher center of gravity than my 10R, the K5 I checked out at the Atlanta M/C show felt pretty comfy and seemed to fit as good as the 10. I just know that sittin' on them in a showroom or at a show isn't the same as riding one. It's just soooo tempting to go back with what I know I liked and get another '04-'05 10R.
drooling3.gif

Chris...someone misses you..
Believe it or not I actually looked at a used 2003 LE yesterday. Brought back a lot of memories...
drooling3.gif
It has Akrapovic carbon bolt-ons and a PCIII mapped by a local dealer. It has somewhere around 4K miles if I remember correctly. He was pretty firm at $8500, which I thought was a bit high for an '03 though. If I hadn't been on duty and in uniform I would have tried to get a test ride. Not to dog it, but just to feel the busa again.
wink.gif

It's been so long since I've been around a busa that I had forgotten just how big they are compared to the 10 and 6R.
biggrin.gif

clrwtr - Very nice. I hadn't seen that kind of paint scheme on a K5 yet. I'm at 165 rwhp with my K5 and also only did an exhaust system and PCIII.

BT - I'm partial here but would highly recommend the gixxer 1000. Either way good luck on your quest.
Thanks. If I could only score a ride on a K5 it would definitely be a strong consideration.
drooling3.gif

Got in a little late on this one...sorry
sad.gif

Have you thought about a 750 gixxer
rock.gif
From what I've been hearing at the track, they're the best of both worlds...handling AND speed.

The K5 gixxer 1000 is an awesome machine Chris...just look at what Mladin can do with it.
wink.gif

Got in a little late on this one...sorry
sad.gif

Have you thought about a 750 gixxer
rock.gif
From what I've been hearing at the track, they're the best of both worlds...handling AND speed.

The K5 gixxer 1000 is an awesome machine Chris...just look at what Mladin can do with it.
wink.gif
The 750 just seems like another big gamble for me. I'm honestly tired of swappin' bikes and want to get on something to keep for a while. I thought the 636 would be it, but it's not. The 10R could have been it, but I convinced myself that the 636 would suit my needs/wants fine while not being extreme overkill in the power department.

If I risk anything besides an '04 or '05 10R it would be another 1k. I'm still finding it hard to chance the K5 instead of going with what I know... I really love the styling/looks of the K5, and I'm certain it's power delivery and all would be satisfactory. Just not sure about the ride/handling. And since I added a truck payment to my budget I just can't afford to keep swapping bikes like I have so far. The paid off Maxima allowed me to do some expensive experimenting but that's gotta come to an end now.

I'm going to see if I can locate a local K5 owner through any of my friends and see if I can score a ride on one. If not I'll likely just get another 10R. The 10 is a known winner for me. The only risk there would be getting a lemon.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Oh and as some know I was pretty strongly considering trading my Busa for a Gixxer 1K...pretty much made up my mind in fact but I kept on riding my Busa and waiting and waiting for the 06' Gixxers to show up ......

Now I am past 10K on my Busa and I am not so sure that trading is a good idea. I know I am not going to ever be a track guy, because I dont live near a track right now and dont have the income to support a track habit.

That being said , the Busa is every bit as capable as a liter bike is on the streets, every bit. Guys out riding the K5 and 10Rs on the streets are not even beginning to tap into the bikes potential.

Even still I am not a pro Busa rider so I could benefit some from a Gixxer 1K then at the same time , no matter how fast I go on that bike I will know that the bike can go faster. Hell , I guess its kinda moot because same goes for the Busa.
smile.gif

Hey BT....I'm bikeless right now, waiting to see if the 06 gets a makeover...if it does, i say you and me meet up at tedbiels's place and get a 2fer deal....sound good???

Ok, I'm getting REALLY curious about the Gixx 1k since I've been reading the reviews on it over the past couple days. Too bad they're not offering black for '06. Looks like silver/grey, red/black, and blue/white for '06 according to Zuk's site. Of the three, the silver/grey looks best to me... Still not crazy about the grey though. Decisions, decisions...

Back