My review after 950 miles on my first busa

I wasn't even going to post back to this non sense, but I can't stand it :poke:

I will say a few things. You are overconfident....no ifs ands or buts.....that will get you hurt.

I am 6'2" and around 250 lbs. I have always been naturally strong and I have rode motorcycles since I was 4 years old, 31 years of my life. I am more confident on them than I am on anything, yet not overconfident. I rode up a few weeks ago to have it out with a local cable company that was jerking me around. As I left, not mad and not in a hurry, I mounted the bike and was backing it out of the space. I turned just a little as I backed up and felt the inertia of the bike leaning and it was all I could do to stop it. I didn't drop it, nor did it come close to hitting the ground, but it was a reminder that the bike is big and heavy and will take you down.

Last night, I was working on putting a new ABS body on my daughter's 110cc four wheeler. So I took it out in front of the house, warmed it up, and began acting stupid by sitting on the rear luggage rack and riding wheelies :whistle:

All in good fun and I was perhaps overconfident and "thought" I had a handle on a very small four wheeler. On my last wave to my fans :rofl: the inertia of my big ass was too much and over and back she went. I landed on my knees and watched as the four wheeler kept going up the road :laugh:

I immediately bounced up, laughed, and ran down the four wheeler before it ran into my house. Back inside, I tended to my 35 year old scraped up knees :banghead:

EVERYONE has a bit of overconfidence in something, not just you. What worries me and everyone else is that you are overconfident on a death machine. A death machine in the hands of someone who does not respect it. Just think about it, we have cars with under 200 horsepower that still get us around nicely. My wife's Mercedes has 205 horsepower and runs great! YOU have 200 horsepower on a 500 lb. machine, 500 POUNDS!!!!

Unbelievable power, responsibility, and acceleration not to be taken lightly. I guarantee if you happen to get off the edge of the road just a bit, you will bite the dust on that bike. It will take your toothpick 7 foot carcass and throw you though the air if you are lucky. If you are not lucky, you will have a 500 pound piece of pissed off steel riding you down the road for 50 feet.

As I said before, you have a handle on absolutely nothing kid. Ride responsible, safe, and take it to the track.

I agree with everyone else. I bought my 09 back in nov and have accumulated 17k on it already lol. I have been riding since I was a kid and consider myself a pretty skilled rider........but my baby as kind as she is most of the time, does have a wicked side and that side makes me pucker whenever it shows up. So its one of two things....you haven't been to the threshold and seen how scary it can be and how fast things happen, or you have and don't care....either being equally dangerous with adding yet more wickedness. Hopefully its all talk and your trolling...

Last edited:
Toothpick? Just because I'm not obese or a musclehead (you are one of these two) does not make a me skinny. I am naturally slender, but I'm also very strong. I know its no incredible feat but I can bench 300 lbs... A skinny person can't do that, sorry. Anyways, please don't assume because I am overconfidence means I don't respect the power of this bike. I do. I have had plenty of bruises and fractures bones from my motocross days, so please don't patronize me thinking that I am this speed demon that has no repect for high powered bikes. @roached, sorry, I don't talk about things that I don't do, so no trolling going on. I simply want more power, for most of you... Like ninety percent of you the stock power of the busa is fine. And that's okay! However I am the part that wants more, so I will do what I can for more power. The "threshold" is not that scary, "exhilirating" is a much better word. Scary getting behing the wheel of a dragster that does 6 seconds in the 1/4 mile
Posted via Mobile Device

Perhaps you misunderstand, OVERCONFIDENCE is a bad thing, this is where you confidence level exceeds your skill level, more likely than not this is going to lead you to fooling yourself into believing that you have a handle on a situation when you do not, which in turn will likely lead you to under/over react to a situation and possibly have dire consequences.

Be confident and realisitic in your assement of you skills. You have stated that you can't keep the front wheel down in 1st at WOT, to me that says even though you may be a great motocross rider, you still have some steet skills you need to work on.

Just sayin...

Lol, if he were to ride it there, that would be another 650 miles in the seat, just imagine how overconfident in his skills he would be by then, that is unless he got too bored of it on the way and just gave up.

Toothpick? Just because I'm not obese or a musclehead (you are one of these two) does not make a me skinny. I am naturally slender, but I'm also very strong. I know its no incredible feat but I can bench 300 lbs... A skinny person can't do that, sorry. Anyways, please don't assume because I am overconfidence means I don't respect the power of this bike. I do. I have had plenty of bruises and fractures bones from my motocross days, so please don't patronize me thinking that I am this speed demon that has no repect for high powered bikes. @roached, sorry, I don't talk about things that I don't do, so no trolling going on. I simply want more power, for most of you... Like ninety percent of you the stock power of the busa is fine. And that's okay! However I am the part that wants more, so I will do what I can for more power. The "threshold" is not that scary, "exhilirating" is a much better word. Scary getting behing the wheel of a dragster that does 6 seconds in the 1/4 mile
Posted via Mobile Device

lol i suspect most of us want more power as well, the only reason you are getting any flap is number one we dont know you, thus we dont know your skills, and 950 miles is not really long enough to know your bike......so a guy saying the busa was his first sportbike and with 950 miles on it hes convinced he needs more....well red flags....nothing on you just an internet thing and a seeing allot of guys buried thing. not bagging on you just been a bad year down here for bikes, buried a friend a couple months ago who had "mastered" his busa as well.....we live on public streets unfortunately, you can have all the confidence you want in your abilities, just have zero in everyone elses.

lol i suspect most of us want more power as well, the only reason you are getting any flap is number one we dont know you, thus we dont know your skills, and 950 miles is not really long enough to know your bike......so a guy saying the busa was his first sportbike and with 950 miles on it hes convinced he needs more....well red flags....nothing on you just an internet thing and a seeing allot of guys buried thing. not bagging on you just been a bad year down here for bikes, buried a friend a couple months ago who had "mastered" his busa as well.....we live on public streets unfortunately, you can have all the confidence you want in your abilities, just have zero in everyone elses.

Good post :beerchug:

Although the delivery was a bit harsh, i agree with jpowell490. I am 24 and thought the same as you do once before. I got my endorsement when i was 18 and had 2 bikes prior to the busa, an old yamaha virago then a brand new 07 zx6r. And when i got that ninja i thought it was the fastest thing in the world and couldnt fathom getting a bigger bike. I put 20k miles on that thing in a year and was a reasonable rider. I rode fast but didnt stunt or lane split. But that didnt stop someone from runnin my ass over while i was doin 65 through an intersection, and that totaled the bike. So if you think you need something with more power you dont. Like everyone said, if youre gonna do turbos or NOS, go to the track, there is really no place for that stuff on the street. When you set your ride up to go that fast youre not only putting yourself at risk but everyone else on the road around you. You could be the safest rider in the world, but having someone pull out in front of you going a buck fifty, which a STOCK busa can do no problem, is not something you want. Smarten up

So you are 23 years old? Yep, you are young enough to know everything. :banghead:

Have you ever seen news reports where someone thought they had tamed a bear, lion, killer whale etc only to find themselves dead as soon as they turned their back?

Busa's do the same thing.

Take care

I'm 25 and I bought my bike when I was 21, I remember feeling the same way you do about my 750 as you feel about your hayabusa. Scared for a bit then..."That's it?!?" Do your self a huge favor. Go to your local 1/8 mile and do a test and tune. Go do a track day, hell rent leathers if you have to.

I am not saying this to talk down or tell you need to "practice" everyone with half a clue in their head realizes we always need "practice" to be better, so there is no reason for me to be saying it like that. All I am suggesting is I can nearly promise you those will be some of the best times you will ever spend on two wheels. You don't need more power, your don't need anything but what you already have, go enjoy! But please do yourself a favor and try both of those things before you get power hungry you may find you don't want or need it.

O and :welcome:

Whatever you choose to do, leave the bike stock, or make it some ungodly whirlwind (in my opinion, it already is), just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, be safe and put some more miles on it before you go do anything drastic.

If you love your Busa, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.
Posted via Mobile Device

This guy's being given a bit too much of a hard time. Hayabusas are not the conveyances of angels - and once you've got 180 rwhp, why stop there? Moderation's been violated way back!
Experience, over-exuberance - let him judge it for himself; he sounds capable of doing so.
As far as getting a bit more oomph out of the bike is concerned, going up one or two on the rear sprocket is definitely favourite as the first step, I'd say. See how that goes before contemplating anything more extreme - and expensive...

Blah, blah blahhhhhh! Even if your comfortable with 0-60 in 2.7 seconds - i'd watch out for drivers that aren't...

When people ask what's the Busa like I say it's sort of like a bear. Bears look cute and cuddly right up until they rare up and rip your face off.

100 hp is about it for the road, the Busa is darn near twice that. You can always ride around with a couple more ponies between your legs but they are just there for the ride like your luggage.

At 150+ mph on a public street (which I have done), your skill won't matter, it's a roll of the dice. A bad bump, an animal, a car - skill won't matter if one of these things has your number.

low side you chase the bike, high side the bike chases you...... I take it you've done neither yet lol.

Last edited:
Back