My 2008 Busa vs 2 CBR1000RR's

Maybe I'm just a puss then, you guys talking about 1st gear at 60 straight crazy. I think I'd opt for extensions if I do that..

Maybe I'm just a puss then, you guys talking about 1st gear at 60 straight crazy. I think I'd opt for extensions if I do that..

how long have you had the bike because if i do a roll on at that speed im in 1st and roll hard into the throttle and im only 150lbs. she starts coming up but then i hit second and im gone:laugh: i just went against my buddys r1 from a dead stop. i skipped second since i have been hitting neutral alot lately and i still beat him by about 4-5 bike lengths. we came to a stop and said he was having problems keeping that front tire down. you have a busa use that weight to your advantage, do that race from a dead stop. you dont need light weight oil or a turbo to beat those bikes you need more seat time and experience with your bike.

You're going to be right in the peak of the power band in 1st so if you hammer the throttle, you're gonna go for one hell of a ride but you won't have any issues with lightly modified litre bikes

Anybody run Alison 0 weight with petron additive oil? Is it cool to throw in the busa.

I run Alisyn 10w-30. While I know people that run 0 weight on the track I would not recommend running 0 weight anything for normal street use.

PS: Always eat beans before a race for extra propulsion~!~ :thumbsup:

Along with my busa I also have an 08 cbr1000rr. It's not slow but not as fast as the busa, actually feels sluggish compared. I raced my friend who has a 2010 1000rr and had no issues smoking him from a 40mph roll (He didn't want to go from a standing start).

Sounds like the rider is what needs to be fixed before you do any mods....

What are you shifting at on the tach?

My bike dyno'd 191rwhp (98*) and about a week or so ago I got into it with a S1000RR and put a pretty good walkin' on him. We rolled out from a stop light and gave him a little throttle jerk to get him goin :laugh:, after I heard him get into it, his front tire was right about at my handle bars, I hammered down in 1st. I had to work the throttle a little bit, but carried the front wheel just about all the way thru first and then 2nd gear was WFO and I was gone... The rider mod goes a long way. :whistle:

Shoulda been in 1st gear..... I walked a buddies 2011 R1 (lightly modded) last night from a 60 mph roll and he couldnt keep up at all. I'm bone stock with my 2012, but I do know how to ride. Dont be afraid to try, worse that could happen is youll put the front wheel off the ground. Seat time is the key.

2nd gear roll on at 60 would be plenty to whoop up on either of those Hondas. Most of your problem is weight. You are giving up 60 lbs to one rider and 40 lbs to the other. They wouldn't even be a light snack for my 08:laugh:

I have to agree with being in the wrong gear. If you were in first and just went WFO for a quick second to say 9500rpms you could snatch second and probably not pull a wheelie. You are leaning forward right??? Do it Ricky Gadson style, lean forward and bend the arms, then hit it hard.

I was in the wrong gear and had too much grip and a quick turn throttle and my BKing bit me hard. 1/10th of a second and I had a broken arm on a road course. Pulled a wheelie and when I brought it down it hit hard and I was locked up on the bars like King Kong. Mass X Speed = broken arm. I didn't drop the bike though, I rode it out to a quick stop.

For practice what I do is start in first and shift to second from WFO at say 5000rpm. Then when your used to that shift at 6000 rpm watching for tire lift. Then when you are used to that do 7000rpm, you will see the bike really snort but just take your time. Your not in a hurry to dump it. Slow and steady and you learn without having to buy plastics!

Everyone has already said it but il say it again, you need to be in first gear at that speed. Learn the bike before you worry about making anymore power and youll be much happier with the results.

If your stock on the sprockets, roll on from 80 in 2nd gear it's the Sweet spot for stock geared bikes doing clutchless up shifts ...ask me how I know :whistle:

You ll always get blown in a rolling start. Line up and then take them on . Weight does play a very important part but Considering the CBR1000rr makes the least amount of power among the litre class bikes , the busa should be able to take them out from a standing start.
Yep the CBR1000RR is the weakest of all the liter bikes in the engine department. If you got spanked that badly by a stocker don't race any more liters :laugh:
A turbo will also fix that problem :thumbsup:

Back