My 2008 Busa vs 2 CBR1000RR's

Maybe I'm just a puss then, you guys talking about 1st gear at 60 straight crazy. I think I'd opt for extensions if I do that..
Gear the busa bro...I did the same, made a thread I couple months back asking about what gearing to go for 1k’s. Gotta lot of different feedback so I went with -1 front and +3 rear...when I say that made the worlds difference it was day and night!!! Raced zx10r and killed him by 2 bikes. My busa has brocks full exhaust, pcv, tuned and dyno’d, stretched and lowered with that gearing. Trust me it’s the cheapest mod to do but be prepared to be wheelie happy if your stock wheel base.

93DE1925-B40A-4E74-8572-FCA505DD131F.jpeg

First of all, I just had my biked dyno'd 184 hp 108 ft lbs, I have a full Yosh R77 pipe, Pipercross air filter, Ecu Editor.
I weigh 220lbs

1st 1000rr: 2008 bone stock. 160 lbs rider

2nd 1000rr: 2009 stretched, juice box, Zbomb timing retard calibrator, 2 brothers slip on. 180 lbs rider

From a 2nd gear roll at 60 mph. I got smoked, absolutely clowned on. The bone stock one was faster than the modded newer 2009.

I know these new 1000's are pretty bad ass now a days, but damn I've never been left like that, especially every race same result. WOW.

I suck at racing from a dig, what kind of power or mods do Busa's need in order to keep up with these new 1000s on the highway?

Flame me if you want... but I already feel bad enough for the whoopin I took earlier LOL.

Yamaha r1 throttle tube, go two or three up on the back sprocket. Get a full system if you don't have one already. I have a custom system on mine. Saved a shyt load of weight. Get a power commander w a decent map for your mods. I haven't lost a race to anything but the BMW 1000rr. Don't be afraid to twist that throttle.

I was -1 and +2, bazaaz zfi And Zbomb, yosh pipe. R1 throttle tube. Walked anything from a roll, modded r1s, Honda, all of it. The only thing that’d walk me was a 200hp zx10r and that was at 170+ cause I ran outta rpm. You should have no problem with those turfs. Buy my bazaaz!

Gear the busa bro...I did the same, made a thread I couple months back asking about what gearing to go for 1k’s. Gotta lot of different feedback so I went with -1 front and +3 rear...when I say that made the worlds difference it was day and night!!! Raced zx10r and killed him by 2 bikes. My busa has brocks full exhaust, pcv, tuned and dyno’d, stretched and lowered with that gearing. Trust me it’s the cheapest mod to do but be prepared to be wheelie happy if your

Last edited:
Back