My 2008 Busa vs 2 CBR1000RR's

Bobbyblaze

Registered
First of all, I just had my biked dyno'd 184 hp 108 ft lbs, I have a full Yosh R77 pipe, Pipercross air filter, Ecu Editor.
I weigh 220lbs

1st 1000rr: 2008 bone stock. 160 lbs rider

2nd 1000rr: 2009 stretched, juice box, Zbomb timing retard calibrator, 2 brothers slip on. 180 lbs rider

From a 2nd gear roll at 60 mph. I got smoked, absolutely clowned on. The bone stock one was faster than the modded newer 2009.

I know these new 1000's are pretty bad ass now a days, but damn I've never been left like that, especially every race same result. WOW.

I suck at racing from a dig, what kind of power or mods do Busa's need in order to keep up with these new 1000s on the highway?

Flame me if you want... but I already feel bad enough for the whoopin I took earlier LOL.

You ll always get blown in a rolling start. Line up and then take them on . Weight does play a very important part but Considering the CBR1000rr makes the least amount of power among the litre class bikes , the busa should be able to take them out from a standing start.

You sure they aren't sprocketed also??? Makes a big difference! I had a 1st gen was all stock sprockets and all, GSXR 1000 had exhaust and -1 in the front and he blew me away 3-4 lengths from 2nd gear. I went up 3 on the rear same race 2nd gear roll and i pulled him by 2 bikes by the time we went to 4th gear:laugh: (at the time i weighed 210 and him 195),

My best friend has an 08 1000rr and my 08 busa has 2 up in the rear and we are peaty much dead even. Like said start from a dig you will get him every time. Those are wheelie machines and he will be working to keep the front end down while your takin off.

I have owned both bikes. My CBR (2010), was 100% bone stock with one tooth off the front, strapped and slammed and I ran a perfect 10.00 in the 1/4 (have the slip). My 2011 Busa with exhaust and strapped/slammed went a 9.71 in the 1/4. The Busa killing it on the short end of course. The CBR is no slouch! Great motorcycle, but love my Busa more!

Both bikes have stock sprockets, but those two were pretty dead even.

I know it should be a different story from a stop, but I suck at launching and keeping the front end down.
2uy0i8j.jpg

2uz8gwi.jpg

you said you were in 2nd gear at 60mph, she'll run 85 in 1st gear, drop it in 1st and then roll on the throttle. the front tire may feel light taking off but you'll accelerate more....atleast by my experiances

Either you're in the wrong gear, you weren't wide open throttle or your bike is broken.

I'm just gonna go with wrong gear

Back