First 600 mile service????

Rick Ekstrom

Registered
Just wondering what the going charge is for the first 600 mile check up? I plan on doing my own maintenance after this. Never had a bike I owned that I didnt do my own services. Just cant seeing paying them to do something I can do just as well and cost less than half the price.

I know I need to protect the warranty so this is why I 'll let them do the first one

Wondering the same. Have changed my oil already and tightenend the chain, but thought about taking it in for the first look over........make sure everything is as it should be.

Just wondering what the going charge is for the first 600 mile check up? I plan on doing my own maintenance after this. Never had a bike I owned that I didnt do my own services. Just cant seeing paying them to do something I can do just as well and cost less than half the price.

I know I need to protect the warranty so this is why I 'll let them do the first one

Do it yourself! Save big $$$$$$ and the receipts. It will not void your warranty provided it was done and done properly.

I just left the dealer w/ a new Busa (hard to leave my CBR1100xx, but I did), and was told first service is @ $200.

Gonna do it myself ... can't stand to be apart from my new girl for another day or two. Change oil & check nutz-n-bolts is what the dealer said he'd do. I've got Amsoil quarts & filter to start treating her nice.

Find a fellow rider in FL to help you the first time, those plastics can be a challenge if you have never worked on bikes.

Here you go Rick I made a study guide for you and all else
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...-hayabusa-fairing-tutorial-videos-w-pics.html

Now as far as 1st service you should have worked it into the sale but since you didn't it's a good idea to have it on record at a dealer cuz these days God forbid something does go wrong they will jump on any op to stick it to you and not cover whatever it is that's wrong and charge you for it .
When does it look like you will be needing it done ?
If you still decide to do it yourself I will help you but I'm travelling soon for three weeks and will return June 21st.
After that I'll help you .

The thread linked above should get you thru taking off the fairings .

Make sure you tightin the neck bearing at about a thousand miles i have a new 09 and it needed to be tightin at the time of my first service............

Find a fellow rider in FL to help you the first time, those plastics can be a challenge if you have never worked on bikes.

Agreed! Can be quite daunting the first time out but if you take your time and are careful and attentive, should have few to no problems.

Here you go Rick I made a study guide for you and all else
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...-hayabusa-fairing-tutorial-videos-w-pics.html

Now as far as 1st service you should have worked it into the sale but since you didn't it's a good idea to have it on record at a dealer cuz these days God forbid something does go wrong they will jump on any op to stick it to you and not cover whatever it is that's wrong and charge you for it .
When does it look like you will be needing it done ?
If you still decide to do it yourself I will help you but I'm travelling soon for three weeks and will return June 21st.
After that I'll help you .

The thread linked above should get you thru taking off the fairings .

Great job! When I had a Roadstar I could ake it apart blinfolder practically. Looks like you spent alot of time putting that together thats for sure

I just left the dealer w/ a new Busa (hard to leave my CBR1100xx, but I did), and was told first service is @ $200.

Gonna do it myself ... can't stand to be apart from my new girl for another day or two. Change oil & check nutz-n-bolts is what the dealer said he'd do. I've got Amsoil quarts & filter to start treating her nice.

I will do the Amsoil as well but not till the second oil change. I feel that at 600 miles is not enough break in time for the motor. That's just my opinion which everyone has lol

Glorified oil change and it set me back $100 just keep all your receipts they can't say a thing then.:thumbsup:
so true they cant stop covering your bike it you dont service it threw them... I have a busa folder and any thing i do to that bike I save the recipt and write down the miliage and date

For anyone who reads this in the future BEFORE buying the bike ...
WORK A STRONGER DEAL !

Get them all lathered up thinking they just closed you and tell them they have to include 1st service in deal !
We all know it is nothing more than an oil change and 'quick check' of things.
Tell them to include it in sale or NO SALE ???

For anyone who reads this in the future BEFORE buying the bike ...
WORK A STRONGER DEAL !

Get them all lathered up thinking they just closed you and tell them they have to include 1st service in deal !
We all know it is nothing more than an oil change and 'quick check' of things.
Tell them to include it in sale or NO SALE ???
Sound advice Blanca! BUT reality is that oil change is to also include the oil filter! The tech that will be working on YOUR bike has not a clue as to how to properly remove the right fairing in order to accomplish said job. Why? Simple; it's more than likely the first time he has had to tackle said task and you know that there will be broken nylon tabs and misplaced bolts, etc! Especially when he runs out of time allocated to work on your bike, he'll be playing hurry up. Yikes, not to mention the top plastic pin that fits into the grommet that can be very easy sheared off. Do it yourself, learn to maintain your own pride and joy, OR suffer the consequences! You have been forewarned kids!!

Sound advice Blanca! BUT reality is that oil change is to also include the oil filter! The tech that will be working on YOUR bike has not a clue as to how to properly remove the right fairing in order to accomplish said job. Why? Simple; it's more than likely the first time he has had to tackle said task and you know that there will be broken nylon tabs and misplaced bolts, etc! Especially when he runs out of time allocated to work on your bike, he'll be playing hurry up. Yikes, not to mention the top plastic pin that fits into the grommet that can be very easy sheared off. Do it yourself, learn to maintain your own pride and joy, OR suffer the consequences! You have been forewarned kids!!

I have had my bike at Forida Sports and been very happy with their service dept.
Skill levels differ from dealer to dealer so I can agree with you to an extent but I would think by now with two models yrs out 08-09 the techs at any dealer should be familiar with how to properly remove the fairings or swap a filter ?
If they are not they should go back to school or watch my tutorials...:laugh:

:thumbsup:

Back