My review after 950 miles on my first busa

Let us know when you bump the Rev limiter in 1st Gear and let us know again when you bump the Rev limiter in 5th Gear.

And let us know when you bump your noggin' on the pavement, maybe it will knock some sense into you, I doubt it, but I am a forward thinker :rofl:

Go do a track day! It will change everything...... If your learning curve is really as good as you say! A few track days will be very helpful in having fun with the busa! It will keep you from being bored! Go plus 3 in the rear sprocket too, more pickup on acceleration, lose 10 mph in top end! But better pull! Enjoy!:thumbsup:

Go do a track day! It will change everything...... If your learning curve is really as good as you say! A few track days will be very helpful in having fun with the busa! It will keep you from being bored! Go plus 3 in the rear sprocket too, more pickup on acceleration, lose 10 mph in top end! But better pull! Enjoy!:thumbsup:

Will do, I think a track day is what I need :beerchug: :thumbsup:

I think most here have your best interest including myself :thumbsup: ... the +3 rear would prob be ok for your weight. I went -1 in the front which is same as +2 in the rear and i didn't like it. If I had rode on it enough I might have gotten used to it. I am 6'3" and weigh 145 though...so I'm not sure how much I need 17/43 on my 08 for street/highway use in west Texas. Would be good for the strip prob. It makes for a wheelie monster. Depending on what your looking for, if you go down a tooth in the front it will lengthen your wheelbase where as going up in the rear will shorten your wheel base....food for thought. I'm not sure at what point you have to change your chain or make a decision on stretch/swingarm with sprocket changes, but you might find out before you do any major changes in sprocket teeth. :beerchug: Most of all have fun and be safe out there

I already have, I sincerely apologize if my learning curve is significantly higher than yours. I say that with all due respect.

haha...NO,you havent,not after only 900mi(theres guys that ride 900mi in a weekend on this board and dont talk like you) and you already stated in one of YOUR posts on this thread you would like to learn to carve the corners, maybe not those exact words(I dont have any interest in re-reading this thread) but you said it,so you havent "learned" this bike yet...its ok to be confident but cocky will bite you in the ass...goodluck kid:banghead:

haha...NO,you havent,not after only 900mi(theres guys that ride 900mi in a weekend on this board and dont talk like you) and you already stated in one of YOUR posts on this thread you would like to learn to carve the corners, maybe not those exact words(I dont have any interest in re-reading this thread) but you said it,so you havent "learned" this bike yet...its ok to be confident but cocky will bite you in the ass...goodluck kid:banghead:

You make too many assumptions. Yes, I have stated that I want to go do a track day, which would insinuate I want to go around corners. I simply stated I have already gotten used to the power of the motorcycle, that happened around the 700 mile marker. It probable would have happened much soon had I not babied the bike for its 600 mile break in. I give her all she has in first, but let off because the bike starts to wheelie, and some of you give me crap for that?? Yeah I let off in first because I don't feel like launching the bike skyward.

As for your comment about guys riding 900 miles in a weekend. That's great and all but the amount of miles that you spend riding a bike does not matter THAT much. Quality over quantity. Someone who pushes themselves to the limit for 50 miles will have a significantly higher learning curve than someone who drives casually for 1,000 miles. That much I promise you.

Anyways judging from what I have written you guys think I am "that guy" that swerves in and out of traffic, goes 150+ mph on highway with traffic, wheelies in traffic, etc..... sorry, although you may think it is, it's not.

As I have said before, if I was that bad of a driver that most of you claim me to be, then I should have crashed a long time ago no?

Last edited:
You make too many assumptions.I have made NO assumptions Yes, I have stated that I want to go do a track day, which would insinuate I want to go around cornerswhich also insinuates LEARNING the bike. I simply stated I have already gotten used to the power of the motorcycle, that happened around the 700 mile marker. It probable would have happened much soon had I not babied the bike for its 600 mile break in. I give her all she has in first, but let off because the bike starts to wheelie, and some of you give me crap for that??yeah,that will be something you LEARN over time,thats part of controling the bike:poke: Yeah I let off in first because I don't feel like launching the bike skyward.shift to 2nd gear,problem solved:whistle:

As for your comment about guys riding 900 miles in a weekend. That's great and all but the amount of miles that you spend riding a bike does not matter THAT much.your kidding here,right:banghead: Quality over quantityquality will come with quantity.....aka seat time. Someone who pushes themselves to the limit for 50 miles will have a significantly higher learning curve than someone who drives casually for 1,000 miles. That much I promise you.:rofl: no response to this absurd statement:rofl:

Anyways judging from what I have written you guys think I am "that guy" that swerves in and out of traffic, goes 150+ mph on highway with traffic, wheelies in traffic, etc..... sorry, although you may think it is, it's not.I honestly dont believe you are capable of doing any of that with a Busa without dumping it???

As I have said before, if I was that bad of a driver that most of you claim me to be, then I should have crashed a long time ago no?
give it time,you only have 900mi on it,remember

DevlDog,

This young person has alot to learn and don't even know it, I ask him to let us know when he bumps the Rev limiter in 1st gear and in 5th gear.

Judging by you screen name you and I have probably been in alot of the same places.

DevilDawg

It's funny reading all these posts and the responses. I had the same "no it all" attitude when I was at that age. It is hard to listen when it isn't what you want to hear. It would be better to say " turbo it and you will be happy " and then this thread would be over. The problem is, we are here to help and give honest opinions.... good or bad.

"As I have said before, if I was that bad of a driver that most of you claim me to be, then I should have crashed a long time ago no? "

Its' only been 1k... Give it time. You've been lucky, just like alot of us here. And I belive they aren't saying your a bad driver. Just to watch when and where you choose to test the bikes and your limits. Some of us don't always do the right thing. Some do. Hopefully the ones that are preaching are the ones that never go above the speed limit by a few MPH.

My main issue is the continued use of the word overconfident, and stating that it isn't a bad thing, it is.

"No problem in judgment and decision making is more prevalent and more potentially catastrophic than overconfidence".
Plous (1993)

Confidence is a good thing, and is essential to good riding habits and control, understanding and knowing your bike, be it street or dirt.

I'd be willing to bet that just about everyone on this forum with any time in the saddle has gotten used to the power of thier bikes, it natural and it happens, its all part of the learing of them, some people get used to it faster than others, thats normal too, but speaking as someone who has been riding for 17 yrs, even though I got used to the power of mine pretty quick, I know that I haven't gotten anywhere near learning the full potenial of her, and that's coming off 10K miles on a CBR1000 and 4K on my Busa.

If your in for the thrill of the speed, then go for the turbo, NOS, big bore kit, but make it a track bike at that point, you never know who's not going to see you and pull out in front of you, with the power you will be making, you might not have the brakes to stop in time.

Be careful, be safe, buy good insurance, no matter how skilled you are at riding, something can always come out of left field and put you on your ass.

thr golden rule is a in upmost importance when ur riding a busa that crazy will bit at any time so treat it like how u would like to be treated food for thought just be safe:poke:

:worthless: of you your bike and proof of your awesome skills :laugh:

Last edited:
There are a lot of old riders, and a lot of bold riders, but not a lot of old, bold riders.....

I think your problem is that you haven't had your first bad wreck yet. Once that over confidence turns into a bad case of "woops I just busted my ass and totaled my bike" you will come off that quick.

Over confidence will get you hurt if not killed. You own the fastest street legal motorcycle in the world, if we are talking straight from the show room. Like the others said, if you truly have a deathwish of some sort, then go find a ballistic rocket to strap your ass on.

This thread is why we have so many motorcycle accidents. Noobs that think they have a "handle" on the power. You don't have a handle on anything, trust me.

+100,000 I agree 100%. thought I had a handle on mine, till I lost control, hit a curb, went over the handlebars, and took the gas tank to the chest....decided the squeeky toy effect of my breath expelling was enough of a warning...luckily other than my pride I escaped unscathed...but had about $900 in repairs to the bike. including the right fairing....ouch. Taught me a valuable lesson about respecting her power. As soon as you stop respecting her....bad things happen. oddly enough m uch like a woman. who'da thunk it ???:lol:

Last edited:
That "mastery" feeling is the "pre-crash" warning. Always respect your ride. The last words out of my mouth before my last crash were "what, do you think I sit down to pee?" Pavement slides are good at letting some wind out of your sails. You need to be confident to ride the bike, but over confidence will catch up.

Come to the Bash next week!!! Teach a little,.......learn a little. We have all levels of riders attending! :beerchug:

Back