My new Ride

Nice new ride
cool.gif

Welcome to the "Road Sofa" world
wink.gif
(see my sig)

One accessory you should seriously consider is some adjustable passenger footpegs.  Due to your wife's height, I can almost gaurantee that the back of her legs are hitting the saddlebag crash gaurds.  This will get uncomfortable on a long trip.  My wife is 5'7" and even her's hit the bars.

I got a pair of the Kuryakan pegs, and the wife loves them.  They're like highway pegs for the passenger.  They clamp over the mounting arm of the rear floorboards, and allow the rider to choose which one they use.  Mine do not have the ratchet stops like the new ones, but this has it's advantage.  When she gets off the bike and I'm going to back it up...I can swing the pegs back, and fold the floorboards up, to prevent my legs from hitting them as I move the bike.  It's still doable with them in place, but easier with them retracted back to the saddlebag.

Here's a couple of links for ya:

I'm not sure about the "extended left side mount p/n: 202-091" shown in red.  I think this allows for clearance between the ratchet mechanism and the left side header pipe.

JP Cycles is a pretty reputable place to order from, and Kuryakan makes a very high quality product.

Enjoy the ride
cool.gif
We are on the same page my friend. She already mentioned that the back of her legs did in fact touch the crash bars on the saddle bags. I have the HD Adj passenger Floorboards listed on my Christmas wish List ( part # 50789-99 ) The Kuryakyn's look like they may do a better job. Thanks!

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133360828 -->

cool.gif

Yup... My next ride will be a couch with wheel, not sure whether to go with the HD, Wing, or an ST. We'll have to wait and see what goes on over the next 8 years...

It actually IS a Shriner Bike. Good eye Girl!!
Girl?  
mad.gif

Perhaps we need an anatomy lesson...  
smileyexhibit.gif

(I have Shriner Motor Corps friends.)
My bad... got you confused with someone else. err I mean  what are you talking about! you'd better go back and look again... I said nothing about "Girl"?!?    
wink.gif
You have a future in politics!  
laugh.gif
beerchug.gif

Yup...  My next ride will be a couch with wheel, not sure whether to go with the HD, Wing, or an ST.  We'll have to wait and see what goes on over the next 8 years...
to be bluntly honest, the Goldwing is faster,smoother,some say more confortable,has more gadgets ( including reverse!) and is cheaper to own and purchase. I prefer the Harley because deep down I am a gearhead and I couldn't imagine riding without some kind of rumble.

Back