My new Ride

MoosesBusa

Former BusaHolic
Donating Member
Registered
I have the best wife in the world IMO. She knows my need for speed as well as my need for motorcycling in general. On a beautiful Sunday afternoon she has been known to say, " Its a great day, why don't yo go for a ride" Jr and i will go do this or that and meet you here or there in a couple hours. Some times I do some times I don't. She likes the idea of riding but until last weekend she has not found the right bike to ride on. She hasn't cared for any touring style bike I've had yet. For one reason or another they have all been uncomfortable for her short legs. I brought a Harley Davidson dresser home Saturday and the search is over!! I'm buying it from a friend when his new one arrrives and I gotta tell ya, this thing is NIIICCEE. H-D FLHTCUI For those that don't understand harley Lingo that means FLH ( Touring bike designation similar to the Honda Goldwing) Twin Cam ( Motor type) Ultra classic ( LOADED with all options) Injected ( fuel injected) This thing has am/fm/cd/cb cruise control front and rear speakers and all the other gadgets and options Harley has to offer. It is not a fast bike but is sure couch comfy! The three of us went for an hour long ride and all were happy and had plenty of room. I'm 6'2" 265lbs , jr is 4' 51 lbs, and the little misses is 5' tall. While probably not legal it was fun riding three up for a little while. I left jr. at the grandparents and the two of us went home so she could get a feel for the bike without a kid in front of her. I honestly believe her when she said she'll be riding with me more WOO HOO! Since we live in Florida the riding season lasts all year so it looks as if I have a riding partner. Only problem i see is when we try to ride without Jr! while coming back with him alone in the back seat I could hear him clapping to the music and just lounging there waving to all passers by! I investigated this move because of him. He's too big to sit in front of me on the softail and too fearless to sit behind me on the little softail seat. I won't let him ride with me on the Busa for the same reason. I think this Dresser is just what the Dr. Ordered!!!
I know it's not as cool as getting another Busa for some but I gotta tell ya I haven't been this excited about getting a bike since my first one. I'm gaining my best friend as a riding companion and my best buddy too! Can't ask for anything better than that!!!

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133292389 -->

_cid_001c01c5ba58_6c6ae3c0_6520790F_computer.jpg

Good for you. No matter how uncool it might be to some people the family is always the most important thing in your life. Love em and watch out for em. And they will love and support you forever. You will see it in their eyes. Your their hero.

David

Its hard to express the happiness I had watching Jr. in his new Throne! I gotta get my shed finished quick to clear room for it in the garage! Jr's missing it already!

Pretty bike man. The PD around here runs those, just stripped down a bit.

lookin good , what do ya need two ferraris for when you can have a cadilac and a ferrari , sounds like a smart move ,nice bike and the best of both worlds ! good luck! could always get a side car ? but i dont know anybody brave enough to ride in one of those ,my uncle has a honda scooter w/a side car went for a quick ride 1 time , 1 time!
biggrin.gif

You are obviously a very happy man. Good for you. Best wishes with the new ride.....

So what are you planning for mods? Are we going NOS, Turbo, what ? Cmon'.....
biggrin.gif

You are obviously a very happy man.  Good for you.  Best wishes with the new ride.....  

So what are you planning for mods?   Are we going NOS, Turbo, what ? Cmon'.....
biggrin.gif
ices_rofl.gif
I was thinking of going with the 103 stroker kit but decided to leave her stock. I poured thousands into the softail i just sold and even though it would go sideways through the intersection, by comparison it was still slow. When i want to go fast I'll hop on the Busa. The only bad part about riding the Busa is no matter what else you throw your leg over...it's slow by comparison ;)

great family oriented hobby. nice ride
cool.gif
I'm thinking so too. We have annual passes to all the major theme parks here in Central Florida. When the wife is occupied or wants time alone we can jump on the Dresser and hit a park for a couple hours. have fun on the way there while we are there and on the way home.
smile.gif

Cool!
Screw anyone who gives you gripe for riding that H-D. It's a perfect machine for you (and the family). The white looks like a Shriner bike.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Scooter
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1133318368 -->

Back